How can I save an email in Outlook to offline storage?

Old January 23rd 06, 02:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sandyc

Default How can I save an email in Outlook to offline storage?

I am new to Outlook. Previously, I saved my emails, after reading, to a zip
disk, in a WORD document, and organized them according to subject. I cannot
find a way in Outlook 2003 to do this. There is no "save" or "save as" in
the Files list; it is greyed out. How can I continue to save my emails as I
desire?
Old January 23rd 06, 11:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

If you open a mail item you can use the File menu Save option there to
save an item individually or you can copy/export them to another PST file
for storage together with other mail items/folders

Old January 23rd 06, 02:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

it's grayed out when you have one or more messages selected? It shouldn't
be... and it should work exactly like it did before.

What type of Email account do you use? If you are using a personal folders
for storing your messages, is it an old one you used with older versions of
outlook or one outlook 2003 created for you?

Old January 25th 06, 03:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sandyc

After posting this question, I discovered that when I highlight the email
identified in the "inbox" rather than the actual message, the File "save as"
does display so I can save it to my zip disk. Initiallly, I placed my cursor
in the message and tried to "File", "Save As" and that is when the "Save" and
"Save As" are greyed out.

Thanks for the responses and sorry to have bothered you.