Outlook WHICH version?

Old May 5th 07, 11:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
koolkarma817

Default Outlook WHICH version?

I have 4 wants on my next Outlook purchase. I am currently using OE and want
to upgrade. I read all the description of each version but none tell me if
they will do what I want.........Instead all the stuff I don't
need.......Shall i post my 4 requirements here or is there a better way to
get my answer?
Old May 6th 07, 01:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

This would be a good place to post your needs and get feedback on them.

Note, though, that Outlook is not an upgrade to OE. They are two completely separate applications.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old May 6th 07, 01:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
koolkarma817

OK.here goes. NONE of which I can do on OE and would make my life so much
easier.
1)Change SUBJECT line in INCOMING emails
2)Be able to highlight text on INCOMING mails just like you would do in the
physical world if you were reading a business memo
3) Have different colors of folders
4)I want to be able to put a 'posted note' on an INCOMING email so I know
why I kept it and write myself little notes concerning the subject.just like
you would do in the physical world
If you can tell me which version of Outlook would do these things , would be
very appreciated.
Namaste

Old May 6th 07, 02:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

1) Any version of Outlook can do that.

2) Not sure what you have in mind. It is possible to edit a received message (see #4)

3) Not possible.

4) Not possible, but you can edit the original message itself and put the note there.

Old May 6th 07, 07:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vanguard

"koolkarma817" wrote in message
I have 4 wants on my next Outlook purchase. I am currently using OE and
want
to upgrade. I read all the description of each version but none tell
me if
they will do what I want.........Instead all the stuff I don't
need.......Shall i post my 4 requirements here or is there a better
way to
get my answer?

Microsoft has trial versions. Go check it out for yourself.

Old May 6th 07, 07:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

Computerised systems rarely copy the exact behaviour of any white collar
worker with a paper based system.

I think you would benefit from investigating what the software CAN do and
seeing how you can benefit from that. Change your requirements to a more
generic statement and I can help you apply those requirements to Outlook.
eg I need to file and retrieve emails quickly and keep them in a structured
filing syste,

I hope this helps you at least a little bit!

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook

read my articles he www.judygleeson.com
www.acorntraining.com.au
Canberra, Australia

"Wasted end-user time due to lack of training accounted for the biggest
piece of the spoftware spending pie" -Gartner

Old May 6th 07, 07:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
koolkarma817

I find that amazing. Outlook has so many versions and no one has thought of
giving me a virtual yellow highlighter, so I can highlight the important info
in an email?Everyone does this is the physical world, why not the virtual? No
'posted notes' to my email, either? Thanks for the info, I'm disappointed.

Old May 6th 07, 07:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DevilsPGD

In message
koolkarma817 wrote:

I find that amazing. Outlook has so many versions and no one has thought of
giving me a virtual yellow highlighter, so I can highlight the important info
in an email?Everyone does this is the physical world, why not the virtual? No
'posted notes' to my email, either? Thanks for the info, I'm disappointed.

I'm not sure that "everyone" does such -- Frankly, I can't imagine being
so stupid as to modify incoming correspondence in any way, be it email
or physical mail.

Each to their own, I suppose.

--
EARTH FIRST! We'll strip-mine the other planets later.
Old May 6th 07, 08:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rob Schneider

koolkarma817 wrote:
I find that amazing. Outlook has so many versions and no one has thought of
giving me a virtual yellow highlighter, so I can highlight the important info
in an email?Everyone does this is the physical world, why not the virtual? No
'posted notes' to my email, either? Thanks for the info, I'm disappointed.

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

snip

Don't think "everyone" does this or wants it. I personally prefer to
not alter someone's email in any way. Yes, when printing to paper to
read I may dig out the highlighter to highlight things. That done on a
copy and on paper.

What you can easily do is simulate doing this predominately paper-based
action by copying (using Windows clipboard) the text of the email into
Word. Then use Word's highlighter capablities (which are easy to use
and works terrifically well) to highlight your highlights. This approach
makes it happen in your copy of the document.