can't send or receieve emails using wireless connection

Old January 22nd 06, 10:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
dwdw1

Default can't send or receieve emails using wireless connection

I've just set up my toshiba tecra with a netgear wireless router, and
whilst I can get onto the internet, I can't send or receive email. Are
there settings which I need to alter IN oUTLOOK 2003 to achieve this?
Any help appreciated.
cheers
DW

Old January 22nd 06, 10:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Do you receive any errors?

oups.com...

Old January 22nd 06, 12:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
dwdw1

Yes indeed, 'unable to find the email server - please verify' and
'the server name you entered can not be found on the network'

Old January 23rd 06, 11:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Sounds like you've connectivity issues when you're connected wirelessly. Can
you PING your mail server(s) when connected wirelessly?

oups.com...

Old January 23rd 06, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
dwdw1

How do I do that?
cheers
DW

Old January 23rd 06, 10:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

dwdw1 wrote:

How do I do that?

Open a command line window and type

ping yourmailserver

where "yourmailserver" is the name of your mail server.
--
Brian Tillman
Old January 24th 06, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
dwdw1

tried that - no response. last night i tried all kinds of things but
nothing. when i tried again this morning it worked first time ok - now
later it's not working again. I can't understand why it should work one
time and then not the next?

Old January 24th 06, 06:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

dwdw1 wrote:
tried that - no response. last night i tried all kinds of things but
nothing. when i tried again this morning it worked first time ok - now
later it's not working again. I can't understand why it should work
one time and then not the next?

Even though you are using Googlegroups, please could you quote at least some
of the post you are replying to, so we can all follow the thread.

Thank you.

Old January 24th 06, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

dwdw1 wrote:

tried that - no response. last night i tried all kinds of things but
nothing. when i tried again this morning it worked first time ok - now
later it's not working again. I can't understand why it should work
one time and then not the next?

Check your router's MTU setting. You may have to lower it.
--
Brian Tillman
Old April 14th 06, 01:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
MEJdance

I have same problem as dsds1, have pinged and inserted relevant numbers but
still doesn't work. You say check MTU setting, what is that please and what
do I need to do with it ? Thanks