Outlook Express Attachments

Old January 8th 06, 07:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ralph

Default Outlook Express Attachments

Hello, I am using Outlook Express Vs 6 and am puzzled. Previously when I
received an email with an attachment I merely double-clicked on the
attachment name and it would open. Now, I still get that ability but the
attachments come already open. When I scan down the message there is the
open attachment. This is not something that I want. I have looked under
Tools - Options - but nothing relative to my problem. It does allow me to
prevent attachments from opening in html emails not what I was after but
tried that, desperate as I figured this wouldn't solve my problem and it
didn't. Can anyone help me in this matter. Again this is Outlook Express Vs
6. Thanks in advance......Ralph

--
Ralph
Old January 8th 06, 08:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

this group is for outlook, not express, but what type of attachment is
already open? have you looked at insideoe.com for assistance?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Old January 9th 06, 12:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ralph

Sorry, I was hoping Express questions was also being addressed. As far as
the attachment it is just a .jpg photo that is attached that when I open the
message, from my son, the attachment is already open. This could be a real
problem if I didn't who was sending the attachment. I looked everywhere for
a Outlook Express forum but was unsuccessful. You indicated insideoe.com, I
will give it a try. Thanks....Ralph

--
Ralph

Old January 9th 06, 12:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

inline preview is normal for jpg's and some other image formats. In fact,
it's so popular that one of the most frequent Outlook questions is how to
enable it in Outlook. I don't know if it can be disabled in OE6, it was
controlled by a registry key in older versions.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

this group is for outlook, not express, but what type of attachment is
already open? have you looked at insideoe.com for assistance?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?