Can I receive business mail in one folder and private mail in anot

Old February 3rd 07, 01:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
The green parrot

Default Can I receive business mail in one folder and private mail in anot

I've setup 2 accounts. A business account that connects to an exchange
server, and a privat email-account that connects to a pop3 server. But it
seems that when choosing location to deliver new email to, that I can only
choose 1 location for all my accounts.
Old February 5th 07, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
The green parrot

Default Can I receive business mail in one folder and private mail in

I assume that a profile is not the same as an emailaccount, so that the 2
email accounts I have now are not profiles??
When having 2 profiles - do I have to log in to either one or the other? or
can I have them open at the same time.

What I need is to have my private mail go into one folder (not on the
exchange server) and my company mail to the inbox on the company exchange
server. Is thsi what your saying I can do with 2 profiles?

One of the points of splitting business and private mail is off course to
keep my private mail from beeing opened by my company and just by having the
mail in the company exchange server I feel unsecure, while you never know if
they can read even deleted mails.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

In news The green parrot The green typed:
I've setup 2 accounts. A business account that connects to an exchange
server, and a privat email-account that connects to a pop3 server.
But it seems that when choosing location to deliver new email to,
that I can only choose 1 location for all my accounts.

That's correct. If you don't want to mix up your business & personal mail,
you might consider two Outlook profiles - one with your POP account and a
PST file, and the other for Exchange. Or create rules to move the mail sent
to the POP account to your PST file (which you can have open in Outlook even
if it isn't your delivery location)....but note that your sent items for the
POP account will all be in your Exchange mailbox unless you move those, too.

Old February 5th 07, 05:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Yes, right now you have one profile with 2 accounts. While you can use rules
to keep personal mail local, sent items will be stored on the server. Two
profiles is better because your mail will not get mixed up with your
business mail.. but you will need to open and close outlook to view either
account. Another option is using Outlook Express or a web browser to check
your personal account - this way you won't need to open and close Outlook.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"The green parrot" wrote in
message ...

Old February 6th 07, 07:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
The green parrot

Another reason for using outlook is that I have my calender and contacts, and
especially my contacts I'd like to have only in one place. Is there anyway I
can do this with two profiles. Can they share the same contacts?

Old February 6th 07, 02:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

You can't share contacts between profiles easily when you use exchange - the
contacts are stored on the server and you can only access the contacts if
exchange is in the profile. Do you really need personal contacts in your
exchange mailbox? They'll work fine in the wab with OE and your personal
mail will be totally separate from business mail. You can keep personal
appointments in Exchange - if you use Outlook 2003, make a personal appt
folder so the appt can't be seen by others who view your free/busy.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"The green parrot" wrote in
message ...

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

Yes, right now you have one profile with 2 accounts. While you can use
rules
to keep personal mail local, sent items will be stored on the server. Two
profiles is better because your mail will not get mixed up with your
business mail.. but you will need to open and close outlook to view
either
account. Another option is using Outlook Express or a web browser to
check
your personal account - this way you won't need to open and close
Outlook.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"The green parrot" wrote in
message ...

Old February 7th 07, 01:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

In ,
The green parrot typed:

snip

What I need is to have my private mail go into one folder (not on the
exchange server) and my company mail to the inbox on the company
exchange server.

snip

Diane's reply covers your questions well, but I thought I'd mention that
it's possible that your Exchange server is configured for
journaling/archiving that might immediately make copies of your sent items
even if you move them elsewhere. I would not use the same profile - I also
believe that personal & business mail shouldn't mix unless it's your own
server.