Which email address was it sent to???

Old January 28th 07, 03:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

Default Which email address was it sent to???

Using OL 2002 I have about 8 different email addresses set up. When I
retrieve my emails is there a way to tell which email address it was sent
to? I would like to see it in the "inbox" window if possible.

In my inbox I have "to", "from", "received", and several other things
displayed. In the "to" column it does not display the address. As an
example I am in several Yahoo Groups and when I get an email from them the
"to" column displays the email address of that Yahoo Group.

It would be nice to know which of the email address I use received that
email.

Follow me?

Thanks

--
http://www.totally****edoff.com

Old January 28th 07, 03:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Blake, MVP

--Mardman-- wrote:

Using OL 2002 I have about 8 different email addresses set up. When I
retrieve my emails is there a way to tell which email address it was
sent to? I would like to see it in the "inbox" window if possible.

In my inbox I have "to", "from", "received", and several other things
displayed. In the "to" column it does not display the address. As an
example I am in several Yahoo Groups and when I get an email from
them the "to" column displays the email address of that Yahoo Group.

It would be nice to know which of the email address I use received
that email.

Look at the message header. You can see it in View | Options.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Old January 28th 07, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

Are you talking about the "Message Options" window? If so I was hoping I
could see it in the inbox window.

--
http://www.totally****edoff.com

Old January 28th 07, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Blake, MVP

-----Mardman----- wrote:

Are you talking about the "Message Options" window?

Sorry, I might have the name wrong, because I'm not looking at the same
version of Outlook as you.

If so I was
hoping I could see it in the inbox window.

Not as far as I know--not when when you're dealing with messages forwarded
by a listserv.

Old January 28th 07, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Have you added the Accounts column?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, --Mardman-- asked:

Old January 30th 07, 03:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

Milly,
Thank you so much. I figured it out from your post. It makes more sense
than the "to" column.

--
http://www.totally****edoff.com

Old February 2nd 07, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Thirzah

Hi,

Sorry to tag on the end of this question, but is there any way to display
the "to" email address in Outlook, when receiving multiple email aliases via
a single exchange server account?
-For instance, I have an exchange server account, under which I'm receiving
email for three domain names, and I'd like to know which they've come in
under so that I can reply appropriately.

At the moment, the "To" field simply displays my personal name, and not the
email address.

I've worked out how to set up a dummy POP account to send out from, but this
is clearly not very helpful if I have to look at the message headers of each
email, to work out which email address to reply from.

Am I being daft?

Thanks :-)
Thirzah

wrote in message