Contacts -- multiple contacts at one company?

Old January 10th 07, 05:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Wallewein

Default Contacts -- multiple contacts at one company?

Seems simple and obvious, but how?

I want to track several contacts at one company in a Public Folder contact
list. There doesn't seem to be any decent way to link multiple contacts
together, or even duplicate an existing contact so I can fill in a
different person's name.

My needs are simple. I'm not looking for a CRM package. How do I do this?

/kenw
Ken Wallewein
K&M Systems Integration
Phone (403)274-7848
Fax (403)275-4535

www.kmsi.net
Old January 11th 07, 02:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

See the Contacts window in the bottom left corner of an open Contact -
that's where. If you add other Contacts there, you can click them and open
them. So it's a type of link between people.

--
I hope this helps you at least a little bit!

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook
www.acorntraining.com.au
Canberra, Australia

"I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow." (Woodrow
Wilson)

Old January 17th 07, 09:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Wallewein

No, I don't see that at all. Is it missing in OL 2007?

If I could, it would make sense to make one contact entry for the company,
and then create individual contacts for each of the people at that company,
linking them back to the company entry.

Can't do that, can't copy one person to another to duplicate the company
info.

/kenw

Old January 17th 07, 09:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

It's not missing. You just need to turn that option on in Outlook 2007. IIRC
it's in Tools Options Contact Options...
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 18th 07, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

and please be so polite as to tell us which version you have when you post.

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook
www.acorntraining.com.au
Canberra, Australia

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we
can find information on it.
Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784), quoted in Boswell's Life of Johnson