Undelete a task?

Old January 6th 07, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Wallewein

Default Undelete a task?

Is there any way to undelete an Outlook task entry? A couple of times I've
accidentally deleted a task entry that had quite a bit of important info in
it. Unlike email, deleted tasks don't seem to be saved in the Deleted
Items folder.

/kenw
Ken Wallewein
K&M Systems Integration
Phone (403)274-7848
Fax (403)275-4535

www.kmsi.net
Old January 6th 07, 03:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

yes they are kept in the Deleted Items folder.

If you have 2003 - get out of the Mail view of the Navigation Pane and
you'll find it easier to see what you have and where it is - I recommend the
Folder List view for a holistic view of Outlook's folders and their
contents.

--
I hope this helps you at least a little bit!

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook
www.acorntraining.com.au
Canberra, Australia

"I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow." (Woodrow
Wilson)

Old January 6th 07, 05:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Ken Wallewein wrote:

Is there any way to undelete an Outlook task entry? A couple of
times I've accidentally deleted a task entry that had quite a bit of
important info in it. Unlike email, deleted tasks don't seem to be
saved in the Deleted Items folder.

In addition to what Judy said, if you realize right away that you deleted by
mistake, click EditUndo.
--
Brian Tillman

Old January 8th 07, 05:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Wallewein

Nnnope, doesn't work.

I think there's a complicating factor here. The particular tasks folder
I'm talking about is a Public folder (a shared regular folder doesn't meet
our needs). And it's Outlook 2007, BTW.

Would I be correct in guessing that this functionality is missing from
Public folders?

Editorializing... One does get the impression that Microsoft is
deliberately holding back on Outlook functionality to force people into
higher-end products. I understand Microsoft is planning to do away with
Public folders altogether at some point. Not sure how they are going to
replace that functionality. One of the reasons we use Outlook is for PDA
synchronization. Sharepoint can't do that.

/kenw

Old January 8th 07, 10:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

c'mon Ken as a "systems integration" guy I would have expected you might
have told us your complicating factors a little earlier!

Judy

Old January 9th 07, 07:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Wallewein

Default Undelete a task, er, public folder item?

Um, yaaaassss (blush). I somehow had the idea the issue was with it being
a task entry, not that it was in a public folder. I see now I was
mistaken.

I presume that means you don't have a solution?

Further detail:

First Storage Group - Public Folder Store - Properties - Limits,
Deletion Settings = 7 days. Individual folders are set to use Public
Folder defaults.

But when I try deleting a test item, it asks me if I'm sure I want to
permanently delete that item.

I also have discovered that Backup Exec's brick-level folder backup/restore
requires the backup service process user ID to have at least review rights
to the individual folders, or no laundly.

/kenw

"Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)" wrote:

c'mon Ken as a "systems integration" guy I would have expected you might
have told us your complicating factors a little earlier!

Judy

"I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow." (Woodrow
Wilson)
.. .