OE - deleted mails

Old January 18th 06, 11:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Marcin

Default OE - deleted mails

hello,

is there a way to restore deleted mails in Outlook Express?

I mean they are deleted both from inbox and then from "deleted elements"

(I don't use OE, so maybe it's not "inbox" but for example 'incoming
mails" or something else - I don't know)

best,
marcin

Old January 18th 06, 11:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the
Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in
one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlooke xpress for OE 5.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgro...-us;newsgroups
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlook express for OE 5.5x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgro...-us;newsgroups
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke xpress for OE 6.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgro...-us;newsgroups
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgro...-us;newsgroups

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
post but it works for some people)

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found he
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

Old January 18th 06, 11:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alan

"Marcin" wrote in message
hello,

is there a way to restore deleted mails in Outlook Express?

I mean they are deleted both from inbox and then from "deleted elements"

(I don't use OE, so maybe it's not "inbox" but for example 'incoming
mails" or something else - I don't know)

best,
marcin

It depends. You have a chance if the folder (it's really just a file) hasn't
been compressed. To recover the messages you'll one of the third party
recovery programs available- a web search will bring you names.
And btw this ng is for Outlook, it is a totally different program to OE. You
really should go to the relevant ng.