Yahoo mail POP connect error using Outlook Express 6. It was working all right before.

Old October 13th 06, 02:50 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress
CJ

Default Yahoo mail POP connect error using Outlook Express 6. It was working all right before.

I have a free yahoo account ". It was working
alright for years, but since a few days ago, I have the following
problem:

The server responded with an error. Account: ',
Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR
Cannot connect to POP server 216.136.173.10 (216.136.173.10:110),
connect error 10061', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

Thanks for anyone's help.

Old October 13th 06, 03:14 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

did yahoo.ca end pop support for free accounts?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

oups.com...

Old October 13th 06, 02:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress
Brian Tillman

CJ wrote:

The server responded with an error. Account: ',

I hope that wasn't your real mail adfdress in the original message.
--
Brian Tillman

Old October 14th 06, 01:18 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress
Vanguard

"CJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a free yahoo account ". It was working
alright for years, but since a few days ago, I have the following
problem:

The server responded with an error. Account: ',
Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR
Cannot connect to POP server 216.136.173.10 (216.136.173.10:110),
connect error 10061', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

Thanks for anyone's help.

So how long did you wait to see if the server would come back up?
They do die and sometimes are pulled for maintenance. Wait a few
hours and try again.

Old October 14th 06, 01:38 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress
CJ

I uninstalled Norton and it works now. I believe it was expired Norton
firewall that caused the problem

Vanguard wrote:
oups.com...

Old October 17th 06, 05:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
ritchie_discobear

Default Yahoo mail POP connect error using Outlook Express 6. It was worki

I had this problem too. Modify your firewall (mine was Norton) to "permit
all" or similar option.

Old November 18th 06, 10:17 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress
[email protected]

CJ wrote:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was
rejected. Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user/password', Port:
110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
0x800CCC92

Thanks for anyone's help

Old November 18th 06, 10:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress
Ben M. Schorr - MVP

Aloha ,

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, 2003 & 2007
from the Office
family for PCs. For Outlook Express [OE] support try posting in one of these
newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlooke xpress for OE 5.x
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlook express for OE 5.5x
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke xpress for OE 6.x
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE

try using msnews.microsoft.com. That's MS's public news server that's the
source
for all the microsoft.public newsgroups.

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found he
http://www.tomsterdam.com

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr - MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower