Tasks

Old October 5th 06, 11:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Shannon

Default Tasks

If I assign a recurring task to an employee the 'Keep an Updated Copy On My
Task List' option is greyed out.

When the user checks complete I get a status update that the task is
complete but it doesn't get updated on my task list.

Is this supposed to be this way?

Thanks.

Old October 6th 06, 01:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

Yes - that's the way it runs here too. Recurring Tasks are not my favourite
tool - they don't seem to ever quite do what people want them to.

Judy Gleeson

Old October 9th 06, 03:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Shannon

Thanks Judy.

Have you come up with a good way to overcome this? Is there another
software program that works good for Task with similiar functionality?

I want to assign my employees task that they need to do on a weekly basis.
Using task is a poor tool if I have to assign the task to the same person on
a reaccuring basis.

Thanks again.

"Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" wrote in message
Yes - that's the way it runs here too. Recurring Tasks are not my
favourite tool - they don't seem to ever quite do what people want them
to.

Judy Gleeson

"Brian Shannon" wrote in message
If I assign a recurring task to an employee the 'Keep an Updated Copy On
My Task List' option is greyed out.

When the user checks complete I get a status update that the task is
complete but it doesn't get updated on my task list.

Is this supposed to be this way?

Thanks.

Printing calendar and active tasks - do not want all tasks rrupp Outlook - Calandaring 1 August 18th 06 08:36 AM
tasks gone? Joseph O'Brien Outlook - General Queries 0 August 8th 06 04:25 PM
Tasks - User Defined Columns to Pocket PC Tasks??? Lovebaby Outlook - General Queries 1 July 23rd 06 08:14 PM
Tasks monica Outlook - Installation 0 June 22nd 06 06:04 PM
Tasks [email protected] Outlook - General Queries 7 June 5th 06 10:28 AM