Opening up a word attachment error message

Old October 5th 06, 04:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter McCaul

Default Opening up a word attachment error message

A Word file was sent to my e-mail account. I have outlook 2003 installed.
When I try to open up the word attachment in outlook, I receive this error
message:

The server application, source file, or item cannot be found. Make sure the
application is properly installed, and that it has not been deleted, moved,
or renamed.

We are using exchange 2003.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Old October 6th 06, 01:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Peter McCaul wrote:

A Word file was sent to my e-mail account. I have outlook 2003
installed. When I try to open up the word attachment in outlook, I
receive this error message:

The server application, source file, or item cannot be found. Make
sure the application is properly installed, and that it has not been
deleted, moved, or renamed.

Can you save the attachment to disk first and then open it?
--
Brian Tillman