send/receive not working properly

Old January 16th 06, 11:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Snapper

Default send/receive not working properly

Whenever I click the send/receive all button in Outlook XP (2002). I
get an error saying "The Operation Failed". This also happens when I
try to access the Send/Receive section of the Mail Options under tools.
I have tried everything a google search has offered as a solution
(Office SP3, unistall/reinstall, deleting the outcmd.dat file, etc,
etc.

Is there anyone out there that knows what could be causing this. It
did not happen until I installed a trial version of Office 2003 and
decided that I could just stick with Office XP (2002) for the time
being and reverted back to it.

Help please!

Old January 16th 06, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vanguard

"Snapper" wrote in message
oups.com...
Whenever I click the send/receive all button in Outlook XP (2002). I
get an error saying "The Operation Failed". This also happens when I
try to access the Send/Receive section of the Mail Options under tools.
I have tried everything a google search has offered as a solution
(Office SP3, unistall/reinstall, deleting the outcmd.dat file, etc,

http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...dardtrial.mspx where
it says:

"If you are using an older version of Microsoft Office (for example,
Microsoft Office 97, Microsoft Office 2000, or Microsoft Office XP) and want
to return to the previous version after using the Office Standard 2003
trial, you will be required to uninstall the Office 2003 trial and
re-install your previous version with your back-up media."

See http://snipurl.com/lm5d. You did not provide the *full* error message
so all I had to search on was "operation failed" after picking Outlook 2002
as the product in an advanced search.

--
_________________________________
** Post replies to the newsgroup.

Old January 16th 06, 08:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Snapper

I did provide the "full" error message. I click the Send/Receive
button in my menu bar and/or the Send/Receive options and a small
window pops up that says "The Operation Failed." It says nothing else,
but that. I have already unistalled Office 2003 and reinstalled Office
XP (2002). Anyone else want try and take a crack at this?

Old January 17th 06, 06:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vanguard

"Snapper" wrote in message
ups.com...
I did provide the "full" error message. I click the Send/Receive
button in my menu bar and/or the Send/Receive options and a small
window pops up that says "The Operation Failed." It says nothing else,
but that. I have already unistalled Office 2003 and reinstalled Office
XP (2002). Anyone else want try and take a crack at this?

Did you happen to convert your .pst files from the old ANSI format to the
news ISO format available in Outlook 2003? If so, the only way to convert
the ISO .pst files back to ANSI .pst files is to installed Outlook 2003
again.

Often a problem is already covered in articles in Microsoft's huge support
knowledgebase (http://support.microsoft.com) and is where many respondents
go to find a solution to then relay to a poster. Pick your product and
search on the error or topic. Sometimes it helps to pick a product without
a version, if available, because some older topics still apply to newer
versions. Take a look at:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/...ive &srch=sup

--