Outlook asks for map132

Old September 16th 06, 01:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Chris

Default Outlook asks for map132

Outlook 2003 refuses to open after having just been installed and tells me
that MAPI32.dll is either corrupt or the wrong version. What can I do please
?
Old September 16th 06, 04:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post complete information, including if you just uninstalled the
Outlook/Office 2007 beta. If yes, the archives of this group have
instructions for getting Office/Outlook 2003 working again.
groups.google.com has the better search interface.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the news group to keep the discussion intact.

After furious head scratching, Chris asked:

Old September 16th 06, 05:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Chris

Yes indeed - I uninstalled the beta 2007 some six weeks ago and went back to
Office XP which was functioning perfectly well this morning and I could
access all my emails.

I bought Office 2003 today and have installed it buit the link to Outlook
will not work and tells me that maspi32.dll in either corrupt or the wrong on
and to re-install Outlook. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 six
time today and just don't know whatelse I can do. Can you help further ?

Old September 17th 06, 02:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples - MVP Outlook

Start Windows in Safe mode and rename msmapi32.dll to .old. Then open
Outlook and it should run a detect and repair and replace the old file with
a good new one.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.