How do I stop duplicated emails after upgrading to Outlook 2003?

Old September 1st 06, 05:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Martin M

Default How do I stop duplicated emails after upgrading to Outlook 2003?

I have upgraded from Outlook Express (which worked fine with my accounts) to
Outlook 2003. Now I receive all my emails in duplicate every time I re-open
Outlook 2003? Literally Outlook 2003 goes in seach of the 100's of emails
still sitting on the mail servers and puts them into the Inbox again. Any
suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks Martin M
Old September 1st 06, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Martin M

Default How do I stop duplicated emails after upgrading to Outlook 200

Thanks for this Oliver. But I am still nonplussed as it seems exactly the
problem mentioned in Article ID : 885870, but I have installed SP2 for
Outlook 2003 which should have fixed the problem.

Guess I still need to keep looking for a solution.

Rgds, Martin

"Oliver Vukovics" wrote:

Hi Martin,

may this sites could help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289942/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284404/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317945/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292249/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885870/en-us

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

Old September 2nd 06, 03:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Chuck Davis

Oliver, I had been having the problem, but my solution was to delete all
rules and start over. It seemed to me that some of the rules that I had
established tripped over each other. In the instance on one individual, I
would receive 14 copies. However, most were two.

Old September 5th 06, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Chuck Davis newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com wrote:

Oliver, I had been having the problem, but my solution was to delete
all rules and start over. It seemed to me that some of the rules that
I had established tripped over each other. In the instance on one
individual, I would receive 14 copies. However, most were two.

The usual cause of this with rules is the failure to include the "stop
processing more rules" action on the rules that move messages.
--
Brian Tillman

Old September 6th 06, 08:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Martin M

Brian, Doesn't this stop the processing of other rules if you have more than
one that moves messages? Or does the "stop processing more rules" message
just apply to the current rule? These extended rules in Outlook 2003 (i
upgraded from OE) seem ambiguous. Thanks, Martin

Old September 6th 06, 01:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Martin M wrote:

Brian, Doesn't this stop the processing of other rules if you have
more than one that moves messages? Or does the "stop processing more
rules" message just apply to the current rule? These extended rules
in Outlook 2003 (i upgraded from OE) seem ambiguous. Thanks, Martin

It applies to the current message. It means that once the current rule
executes on the current message, no more rules will be tested for that
message. When a rule matches, even if it is a move, Outlook will retain a
copy of the message in the Inbox in anticipation of additional rule matches.
If none are found, you wind up with two copies of the message. The "stop
processing" action allows the move to be final and Outlook won't retain a
copy for additional comparison.
--
Brian Tillman