corrupt .pst = can view but not copy messages to new .pst

Old July 31st 06, 10:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Matthew Paul

Default corrupt .pst = can view but not copy messages to new .pst

Hi, i had a hard disk fail while outlook 2003 was open. The .pst got
corrupted but i managed to recover it and transfer it to a new machine and
ran scanpst.exe on it. Some data was lost but most of my messages are
intact.

I can view *all* of my messages just fine and reply or forward them etc.
But I cannot move or copy a lot of them at all to a new 'clean' .pst. When i
try moving or copying these messages, i get a "Can't move the items. Could
not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid"
error box. I have tried exporting the individual messages and folders and
re-importing them etc but the error remains.

Any suggestions please?

If they are uncopyable / moveable, is there a way to forward / resend them
to keep the original sender id and date etc?

Any help much appreciated,
matthew

Old July 31st 06, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Matthew Paul

Yes i have run scanPST and it no longer finds any errors. The original .pst
file got corrupted when the hard disk died. At first i couldn't even copy
the .pst file off the bad drive because of CRC (cyclic redundancy errors), i
managed to salvage it with File Scavanger
(http://www.quetek.com/prod02.htm). It recovered the .pst file but all my
contacts and calender were wiped. All the email was intact though but as i
say, most of the messages won't copy or move to a new .pst file even though
you can read them perfectly, copy & paste the contents of them, forward
them, reply to them and such like.

Old August 15th 06, 11:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Matthew Paul

Hi, i never got any help with this issue, can anyone give me some advice on
what to do next? Can i contact microsoft directly?
Thanks.