Public calendar - Make current view default to 'events' for all users

Old July 26th 06, 04:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Public calendar - Make current view default to 'events' for all users

I'm working in a office that makes use of public folders in Outlook. I
created a public calendar that needs to be viewed by 'events' and to
have custom fields.

I can set it up on my computer, no problem, but it should be the case
that when any user opens the calendar up - voila! they see it the way
I've formatted it.

First I want them to see it in 'events' view (View - Arrange By -
Current View - Events), second I want it to have custom fields that I
create.

This can be done, can't it?!?!

Joshua Powell

Old July 26th 06, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

To force users to see a custom view when they open a public folder:

-- Create the custom view, choosing the "On this folder, visible to everyone" option

-- On the Properties dialog for the folder, on the Administration tab, select your view as the initial view on the folder.

-- Choose View | Current View | Define Views, and at the bottom of that dialog, check the box for "Only show views created for this folder."

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old July 26th 06, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Wow!

Thank you Sue, that response was so fast and totally got me going.
There was one piece that I found was missing, and that in the 'Define
Views' dialog box I have to press the 'Publish' button to make it so
everyone can see it - and it works great. Thanks!

-Joshua