Do Not AutoArchive

Old January 12th 06, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Conan Kelly

Default Do Not AutoArchive

Hello All,

Does anyone know how I use the "Do Not AutoArchive" field? I've added
it to most (if not all) of my email folders. In some of the folders,
there is nothing in this field. In other folders where a checkbox
does show up, I can't check it.

Does this field/feature have to be enabled before it can be used? Why
doesn't it show up in all folders? How do I mark items so they aren't
archived?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Old January 12th 06, 10:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Do you even have auto-archiving set to run? Check he Tools menu Options
Other tab AutoArchive

Old January 12th 06, 10:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Conan Kelly

Vince,

Yes, my AutoArchiving is turned on. Here is a screenshot of my
settings:

http://home.att.net/~ctbarbarin/file...e_settings.jpg

Old January 13th 06, 10:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

What version of Outlook are you using? It looks like OL2003 but just trying
to be sure.

When you say the "Do not archive" field, what are you referring to since
it's normally a checkbox or radio button not a text field. Could just be
that we're using different nomenclature.

Old January 13th 06, 06:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Conan Kelly

This is OL2002.

Yes it looks like it is supposed to be a check box (but I can't check
it). The "Do not AutoArchive" field I'm talking about is the one I
get when I right-click the Field Names in an email folder and then
select Field Chooser. In the Field Chooser, I drag the Do Not Auto
Archive field up to the position I want it in the Field Names.

Here is a screen shot of my outlook window:

http://home.att.net/~ctbarbarin/files/outlook.jpg

If you notice, the check box shows up on 2 of the emails. In other
folders, after I have added the field, it is completly empty.

Thanks again for all of your help,

Conan

Old January 13th 06, 10:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

If you hit Alt-Enter while highlight a mail item you should have access to
the Do Not Archive field on the Properties dialog. Might work better.

news