double account?

Old June 23rd 06, 12:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
W van Cothen

Default double account?

When I click Send/Recv, it looks as if Outlook checks the same account
twice. What could be the reason? As far as I know I did not add the same
account twice (if that would be possible at all). It is not a big problem,
but it seems a loss of time.

Old June 23rd 06, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

W van Cothen wrote:

When I click Send/Recv, it looks as if Outlook checks the same account
twice. What could be the reason? As far as I know I did not add the
same account twice (if that would be possible at all). It is not a
big problem, but it seems a loss of time.

How many accounts do you have defined in your Send/Receive group? If more
than one, do any two or more of them use the same username/password to
connect to their servers?
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 23rd 06, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
W van Cothen

When I click Send/Recv, it looks as if Outlook checks the same account
twice. What could be the reason? As far as I know I did not add the
same account twice (if that would be possible at all). It is not a
big problem, but it seems a loss of time.

How many accounts do you have defined in your Send/Receive group? If more
than one, do any two or more of them use the same username/password to
connect to their servers?

I have two accounts with each a different username & password. When I click
send/receive only the default account is checked; for the other one I have
to 'ask' specifically.

Old June 23rd 06, 06:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

W van Cothen wrote:

I have two accounts with each a different username & password. When I
click send/receive only the default account is checked; for the other
one I have to 'ask' specifically.

What did you see in the Send/Receive group when you looked? When you say it
"checks the same account twice", what makes you believe that?
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 23rd 06, 08:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
w. van cothen home

"Brian Tillman" wrote in message
W van Cothen wrote:

I have two accounts with each a different username & password. When I
click send/receive only the default account is checked; for the other
one I have to 'ask' specifically.

What did you see in the Send/Receive group when you looked? When you say
it "checks the same account twice", what makes you believe that?
--
Brian Tillman

Well, I click Send/Rec, then this window opens telling you what Outlook is
doing. E.g., if you check two accounts it says receiving mail on (account
x), receiving on y, sending onx, sending y. It ends by saying 'The
requested tasks were completed successfully.,'

Now what I see on my work computer, and not at home, is that it goes twice
through the routine.
Thanks
WvC

Old June 23rd 06, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

w. van cothen home wrote:

Now what I see on my work computer, and not at home, is that it goes
twice through the routine.

Thanks for that answer. How about the answer to the other question?
--
Brian Tillman
Old June 24th 06, 07:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
w. van cothen home

Uhmm,
I thought I answered 2 questions
(1)What I see is that it says 'receiving mail 'etc.
(2) reason I suspect that it does it twice is, that after oe time receiving
and sending it starts over receiving and sending.
Thanks

Old June 26th 06, 02:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

w. van cothen home wrote:

Uhmm,
I thought I answered 2 questions
(1)What I see is that it says 'receiving mail 'etc.
(2) reason I suspect that it does it twice is, that after oe time
receiving and sending it starts over receiving and sending.

I didn't ask a question that would have elicited answer one above. I asked,
"What did you see in the Send/Receive group when you looked?" While viewing
the Inbox, press ALT-CTRL-S. How many send/receive groups do you see?
Select each Send/Receive group and click Edit. How many accounts and which
ones do you see there?

I'll ask another as well: what is your send/receive interval value?
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 26th 06, 03:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
W van Cothen

I asked, "What did you see in the Send/Receive group when you looked?"
While viewing the Inbox, press ALT-CTRL-S. How many send/receive groups
do you see? Select each Send/Receive group and click Edit. How many
accounts and which ones do you see there?

I see two groups (That is, I see "All groups" plus group X plus group Y.)

I hardly dare to tell you, but I suddenly realise that I don't see the
"duplication" anymore. I did not change anything in the settings. Come to
think of it, perhaps it's only now and then that the phenomenon occurs. A
few years ago I had the same thing on my previous computer but then it was
like a fourfold version. The reason I am asking now is that I think I may be
doing silly that causes this problem.

I'll ask another as well: what is your send/receive interval value?

Do you mean the interval between automatic checkings?
5 minutes.

Thanks for your patience.

Old June 26th 06, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

W van Cothen wrote:

I see two groups (That is, I see "All groups" plus group X plus
group Y.)

You should see "All Accounts", at a minimum, unless you renamed the default
group to "All groups". Select each group and examine the settings in the
lower half of the window as you do. If you have more than one group
scheduled at the same interval and two of those groups contaion the same
account, then you could see the symptoms you describe.

I hardly dare to tell you, but I suddenly realise that I don't see the
"duplication" anymore. I did not change anything in the settings.
Come to think of it, perhaps it's only now and then that the
phenomenon occurs. A few years ago I had the same thing on my
previous computer but then it was like a fourfold version. The reason
I am asking now is that I think I may be doing silly that causes this
problem.

Perhaps you'll discover the reason.

Do you mean the interval between automatic checkings?
5 minutes.

Ten minutes is a good minimum value. Too short of an interval can cause a
send/receive cycle to begin before the previous one is ended, with
interesting side-effects in the program.
--
Brian Tillman

double clicking Gareth Outlook Express 1 April 4th 06 04:49 AM
Double L [email protected] Outlook - General Queries 1 March 3rd 06 09:34 PM
Outlook 2003 changes the outgoing account when unable to send by selected account HeidarV Outlook - General Queries 1 January 16th 06 02:26 PM
POP3 account errors, although internet access/email account are wo phil Outlook Express 4 January 15th 06 08:53 AM
Outlook 2003 changes the outgoing account when unable to send by selected account HeidarV Outlook - General Queries 0 January 14th 06 08:44 AM