help with junk email!?!

Old March 8th 06, 05:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Dave in Minnesota

Default help with junk email!?!

I have been using Outlook 2003 successfully for over a year now and i have
collected a lot of junk email. Its up to 613 and I am getting tired of it. I
have looked into and understand my options for setting the settings and
deleting the messages. I have already set the junk email settings higher and
will delete my messages but before I do this I want to add the address to all
613 junk emails to the block list but I want to know if there is a way to do
it by selecting all the messages at one time. I know I can select one message
at a time and right click the message and select add to block senders list
but I dont want to do it 613 times and am just wondering if there is a
faster/easier way to do it? Thank you.
Old March 8th 06, 05:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 09:30:27 -0800, Dave in Minnesota wrote:

I have been using Outlook 2003 successfully for over a year now and i have
collected a lot of junk email. Its up to 613 and I am getting tired of it. I
have looked into and understand my options for setting the settings and
deleting the messages. I have already set the junk email settings higher and
will delete my messages but before I do this I want to add the address to all
613 junk emails to the block list

I think you'll find that putting addresses in Blocked senders just sends
them to the Junk folder.......

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Old March 8th 06, 06:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Dave in Minnesota wrote:

I have been using Outlook 2003 successfully for over a year now and i
have collected a lot of junk email. Its up to 613 and I am getting
tired of it. I have looked into and understand my options for setting
the settings and deleting the messages. I have already set the junk
email settings higher and will delete my messages but before I do
this I want to add the address to all 613 junk emails to the block
list

This is a fairly pointless exercise and shouldn't even be considered.
SPAMmers constantly change the sender address on their spew and
consequently, it will be unlikely you'll ever get mail from those addresses
again.

but I want to know if there is a way to do it by selecting all
the messages at one time. I

There is not.
--
Brian Tillman

Old March 8th 06, 06:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Dave in Minnesota

So what should I do then? Just set the junk filter higher and delete the junk
folder? The reason why I had the filter set to low was because some emails I
get from work, freinds, etc... would be accidently put in the junk folder,
any suggestions?

Old March 9th 06, 02:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Dave in Minnesota wrote:

So what should I do then? Just set the junk filter higher and delete
the junk folder? The reason why I had the filter set to low was
because some emails I get from work, freinds, etc... would be
accidently put in the junk folder, any suggestions?

That's a good question and I don't have an optimal answer. If I were in
your shoes, I'd put my friends' and coworkers' addresses in the Safe Senders
list and increase the SPAM filter level.
--
Brian Tillman