Outlook downloads but won't show *some* messages...

Old June 15th 06, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
CuoioBar

Default Outlook downloads but won't show *some* messages...

Darn this is a difficult one to troubleshoot...

All of a sudden, Outlook 2003 won't show some messages. They are
downloaded in the inbox but have no preview, nor will they display
when clicked. It's not all messages, just like 4-5% of them.

Facts:
1) It's not my ISP as I have seen this using my ISPs email account and
a G-Mail account when downloading with Outlook.

2) I haven't added or changed any addins.

3) I temporarily disabled email protection in Zone Alarm and AVG, but
still got the no-show messages.

4) I have done "Detect and Repair" and that did nothing.

5) I can do a "Save as" on the message and it only saves as 1k when
saving it as any other file type than .msg . When saving as .msg, the
correct size is shown (as is the correct size shown in the Outlook
message list). I can open the .msg file in a basic text editor and I
can see the text of the message, so I know it was downloaded, Outlook
just thinks the message is blank. For example, I got a 27k message
from a place that I shop (something I signed up for, not junk) and
Outlook wouldn't show it, but I can save it as a .msg file and open it
in a text editor and see the message.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have any suggestions for me to
try to get Outlook to show the message?

Thanks!
Scott
Thanks!
Scott
Old June 20th 06, 10:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
CuoioBar

Anyone?