Import Export

Old March 6th 06, 05:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
smh

Default Import Export

I have oulook 2003 under xp pro I'm trying to use import to import my emails
from oulook express 6 but it is there and in gray color and not active so
how do I fix it. I reinstalled oulook 2003 but same problem exist.
Please some help

Old March 6th 06, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:43:38 +0200, smh wrote:

I have oulook 2003 under xp pro I'm trying to use import to import my emails
from oulook express 6 but it is there and in gray color and not active so
how do I fix it. I reinstalled oulook 2003 but same problem exist.
Please some help

Why oh why do people think that "re-installing" is always the answer?

Firstly, do NOT import in Outlook, you muse Export from within Outlook
Express. This is because if you import in Outlook, all your modified dates
will be the date of import, and archiving especially works on modified
date.

Where are these Outlook Express emails sitting at this moment? Where are
you trying to import them from?

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Old March 6th 06, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:03:00 +0200, smh wrote:

My e-mails in Outlook Express 6 and I need to add it in Outlook 2003 with
all contacts.

Is Outlook 2003 installed on your machine?
If so, in Outlook Express, go to File-Export and export your EMAILS ONLY
to Outlook.
In Outlook 2003, do to File-Import and import your CONTACTS ONLY.

HTH

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Old March 6th 06, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
smh

this what I did but my main problem which I added it in my first mail is the
import in the file menu is there but in gray, I mean it seems not active I
can see it but I can't execute it so how can I fix this problem to import
and do the process you told me.

news

Old March 6th 06, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:56:58 +0200, smh wrote:

this what I did but my main problem which I added it in my first mail is the
import in the file menu is there but in gray,

"Import" where?

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Old March 7th 06, 07:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 08:53:49 +0200, smh wrote:

Import in Outlook 2003 is in gray color and I can''t execute it so how can I
activate it
"Gordon" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:56:58 +0200, smh wrote:

this what I did but my main problem which I added it in my first mail is
the
import in the file menu is there but in gray,

"Import" where?

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

I said to get your email into Outlook, do NOT IMPORT from within Outlook.
Open Outlook Express and EXPORT from there.

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Old March 7th 06, 10:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
smh

when I go to export from Outlook Express it did it but it didn't ask me
where to export it was working with itself so please can you tell me where
can I find the export messages and how to add it to outlook 2003 after that

"Gordon" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 08:53:49 +0200, smh wrote:

Import in Outlook 2003 is in gray color and I can''t execute it so how
can I
activate it
news

Old March 7th 06, 10:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 12:40:02 +0200, smh wrote:

when I go to export from Outlook Express it did it but it didn't ask me
where to export it was working with itself so please can you tell me where
can I find the export messages and how to add it to outlook 2003 after that

The export function in OE will AUTOMATICALLY export to Outlook. Open up
Outlook and see.

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk