Outlook 2003 Receive e-mails many times...

Old March 5th 06, 10:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook.interop,microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Mahmoud

Default Outlook 2003 Receive e-mails many times...

Dear, My Outlook 2003 is receiveing the same e-mails messages many times
(every time the outlook 2003 send/receive) , it receives the messages again.
I think there's a patch from microsoft to solve this problem, but I do not
know where to get it
Help me pease

Old March 5th 06, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook.interop,microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

The "patch" is to disable your AV from scanning incoming/outgoing mail.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Mahmoud asked:

Old March 5th 06, 07:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook.interop,microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Brian Tillman

Mahmoud wrote:

Dear, My Outlook 2003 is receiveing the same e-mails messages many
times (every time the outlook 2003 send/receive) , it receives the
messages again. I think there's a patch from microsoft to solve this
problem, but I do not know where to get it

Or, if Milly's idea doesn't help, to try a new mail profile or make sure
Office SP2 is installed.
--
Brian Tillman

Old March 5th 06, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook.interop,microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Mark

Here is another possible cause of this problem, which I find among many of
the people I support.

If your Outlook (or Outlook Express) mail setttings for POP3 are set to keep
messages on the mail server and the mailbox on the mail server exceeds 25MB,
Outlook and Outlook Express may time out on retrieving messages and start
over to retrieve the messages again. This also depends on your Internet
connection speed and computer's performance; if all messages are able to
retrieve in Outlook or Outlook Express before the timeout occur, this
problem is not visible.

The solution is to change your mail settings in Outlook or Outlook Express
not to keep messages on the mail server.

This also leads in to another problem, how to remove duplicate e-mails in
Outlook or Outlook Express.

Old March 11th 06, 03:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook.interop,microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
CO-DBA-SC-EL

The truth is there is a bug in the way Outlook pulls the email from the
server using POP3. The rest, about changing how often it checks mail,
turning off AV, installing the hotfix etc. is just urban legend. There is a
bug and the bug has not been fixed.

C_O

Old March 11th 06, 04:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook.interop,microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Gee, then how come turning off the email scanning stops the multiple emails?
If there was a bug in Outlook, it would still happen.

Still scratching MY head.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, CO-DBA-SC-EL asked:

Old March 16th 06, 02:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook.interop,microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
DW

Well, we have 3 machines in our home business, for flexibility, we have two
lap tops and a desk top. Today, we installed MS updates, and right away,
started recieving duplicate emails - on the lap top only! And, only when it
is sleeping, and then re-starts. The desktop doesn't do it. The AV does not
matter, the timing doesn't matter, it is a microsoft issue with outlook. The
third laptop (running XP home) downloads duplicates constantly if it sleeps
and re-starts, but the other one just started today after some "updates"
coincidence, I think not.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Gee, then how come turning off the email scanning stops the multiple emails?
If there was a bug in Outlook, it would still happen.

Still scratching MY head.

--Â