Please help with returned emails from new domain

Old March 1st 06, 06:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
JM

Default Please help with returned emails from new domain

My home email is through Road Runner. I use Outlook 2003, with RR's mail
servers.

My work email is my own domain, registered with Network Solutions, hosted by
GoDaddy.

I've been with Godaddy about two weeks. Ever since then, I cannot send an
email from Outlook/RR to my work domain. It immediately comes back as
undeliverable. If needed, I will find the error messages.

The interesting thing is that if I set up Outlook Express on my RR account,
the emails to my work domain go through just fine.

Does this particular issue ring a bell to anyone? What is it about Outlook
that would isolate the problem to it?

jm

Old March 2nd 06, 01:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

JM wrote:

My home email is through Road Runner. I use Outlook 2003, with RR's
mail servers.

My work email is my own domain, registered with Network Solutions,
hosted by GoDaddy.

I've been with Godaddy about two weeks. Ever since then, I cannot
send an email from Outlook/RR to my work domain. It immediately
comes back as undeliverable. If needed, I will find the error
messages.

The error probably says that relaying is not allowed. My guess is that
you're not properly authenticating to the outgoing server and ISP.
--
Brian Tillman

Old March 2nd 06, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
JM

"Brian Tillman" wrote in message
JM wrote:

My home email is through Road Runner. I use Outlook 2003, with RR's
mail servers.

My work email is my own domain, registered with Network Solutions,
hosted by GoDaddy.

I've been with Godaddy about two weeks. Ever since then, I cannot
send an email from Outlook/RR to my work domain. It immediately
comes back as undeliverable. If needed, I will find the error
messages.

The error probably says that relaying is not allowed. My guess is that
you're not properly authenticating to the outgoing server and ISP.
--
Brian Tillman

I just tried sending from Outlook again, and received this message:

"The user does not accept email in non-Western (non-Latin) character sets."

This is not the same error I received last week, but I did not save any of
those.

What is up with this error regarding "non Western character sets?"

Again, it only happens from Outlook, not when I use OE from the same RR
account.

jm

Old March 2nd 06, 07:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

JM wrote:

I just tried sending from Outlook again, and received this message:

"The user does not accept email in non-Western (non-Latin) character
sets."

This is fairly clear. You're using a non-Western encoding when you compose
your message and the recipient won't accept it. Check your encoding by
clicking ToolsOptionsMail FormatInternational Options.
--
Brian Tillman

Old March 2nd 06, 07:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
JM

JM wrote:

I just tried sending from Outlook again, and received this message:

"The user does not accept email in non-Western (non-Latin) character
sets."

This is fairly clear. You're using a non-Western encoding when you

compose
your message and the recipient won't accept it. Check your encoding by
clicking ToolsOptionsMail FormatInternational Options.
--
Brian Tillman

I wish it were that clear, really. It's set to Western European (ISO).

Also, another person told me today that their emails to me are getting
kicked back.

jm

Old March 3rd 06, 01:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

JM wrote:

I wish it were that clear, really. It's set to Western European
(ISO).

What's in Control Panel's Regional and Language Options?
--
Brian Tillman
Old March 14th 06, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Joshua @ UDA

The problem here is with your hosting. I work for a construction software
company and whenever we send out mass emails it is not uncommon for some of
our intended recipients to bounceback with this same error. Not
coincidentally, all of these users are registered with GoDaddy. Apparently
sending emails in Outlook, say in RichText (not sure which format exactly but
one of these is causing the problem) causes this error for GoDaddy users.
GoDaddy has a FAQ article for users who experience this problem:

To accept e-mail messages written in other languages

1. From the Hosting & Email menu, click Email Accounts.

2. On the Manage Email Accounts page, click Manage Free Accounts or
Manage Email Accounts.

3. Click the hyperlink of the account you want to modify.

The Setup Email Account page displays.
4. From the Accept non-Western (Latin) Messages field, select Yes.

Hope that helps.

Joshua