Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder of outlook from VB6.0

Old May 15th 06, 06:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.vb.syntax
Viswanathan

Default Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder of outlook from VB6.0

Hi All!

Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder from VB6.0. It is
very helpful for me if the code is written in ActiveX DLL and can be called
from any form of other projects.

--
Thanks and Regards
S. Viswanathan

Old May 15th 06, 12:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.vb.syntax
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Did you have a particular question?

FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....program_v ba

If you need basics on working with OUtlook in VB, you might start at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/vb.htm
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old May 15th 06, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.vb.syntax
Veign

Retrieve Outlook emails via Outlook Automation (API)
http://www.veign.com/vrc_codeview.asp?type=app&id=125

--
Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP (VB)
Veign's Resource Center

Old May 17th 06, 05:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.vb.syntax
Viswanathan

Hi Veign!

Where can i download iisext.dll and outlook10.0 library. I have outlook 9.0
library. without this the code downloaded in the guven link is not working

--
Thanks and Regards
S. Viswanathan

Old May 17th 06, 01:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.vb.syntax
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The Outlook 10.0 library will be on your machine if you install Outlook 2002. iisext.dll is a DLL used by an IIS server running under Windows.

The code link you were given is an example. You will need to adapt its techniques to your own application, which apparently is a VB6 application, not an IIS web app.

Old May 23rd 06, 04:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.vb.syntax
Veign

In VB6.0 just change the reference to the Outlook library that you have
installed on your system. If you are going to distribute this and want to
support multiple versions of Outlook then you would use late binding instead
of referencing a specific Outlook library.

Old May 26th 06, 04:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.vb.syntax
Viswanathan

Hi!

What is Late binding?

This program executes and read the mail from outlook but i am unable to get
from outlook express?

How can i set the default mail reader as outlook express instead of outlook?

I am again posting in the same newsgroup for continue the discussion! sorry!
and thanks for continuous reply.
The application gives the error as "runtime error'48' error loading DLL" but
in the outlook installed machine it reads the mail information.

what is the reference to be set for outlook express?

--
Thanks and Regards
S. Viswanathan

Old May 26th 06, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.vb.syntax
Veign

OE does not support automation.

There is a component to handle the address book but I'm not sure about
anything that deals with the emails. This is an area I never, and probably
would never, get into with OE.

Address Book component:
http://www.veign.com/vrc_codeview.asp?type=app&id=91