How do I arrange my personal folders in alpha order?

Old February 20th 06, 06:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Selena Armstrong

Default How do I arrange my personal folders in alpha order?

I have one company I work with and they have about 50 different departments.
I receive emails on a daily basis, and I would like to store in folder
because I often have to go back for old information. My personal folders are
not arranaged in any sort of style and I have to scroll carefully to find the
appropriate dept. It takes time and waste time.
Old February 21st 06, 02:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Selena Armstrong

Thank you for your help. I'm not sure what view I'm using, we just updated
to this version about a month ago. I did as you suggested, but it only put
those that didn't have a + next to them in order. I would like all the
personal folders in alpha order, so I clicked on all with the + sign and now
it won't do anything. I keep trying but it's just not working. I may be due
to the way I set up my folders. I'd like to send you a picture if possible.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

Selena Armstrong Selena wrote:

I have one company I work with and they have about 50 different
departments. I receive emails on a daily basis, and I would like to
store in folder because I often have to go back for old information.
My personal folders are not arranaged in any sort of style and I have
to scroll carefully to find the appropriate dept. It takes time and
waste time.

If you display your folders in the Folder List view, they will be in
alphabetical order within each data store (if you have more than one data
store). Display them in the Shortcuts View and you can have them in any
order you like. What view are you using?
--
Brian Tillman

Old February 21st 06, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Selena Armstrong wrote:

Thank you for your help. I'm not sure what view I'm using, we just
updated to this version about a month ago. I did as you suggested,
but it only put those that didn't have a + next to them in order. I
would like all the personal folders in alpha order, so I clicked on
all with the + sign and now it won't do anything. I keep trying but
it's just not working. I may be due to the way I set up my folders.
I'd like to send you a picture if possible.

Post it to the newsgroup or post a URL to the picture on a web server you
have.
--
Brian Tillman