redirecting troubles with exchange

Old May 2nd 06, 09:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.outlook
Michael B. Williams

Default redirecting troubles with exchange

I am using Microsoft Exchange to manage a company email account, and I
have recently set up redirection on the account by creating a rule that
redirects all email the server receives (note that I mean *redirect*
not *forward*).

To keep things simple let us say that the exchange account is
and I am redirecting the mail to .

The problem is that none of the TO, CC and BCC headers are preserved.
So if
sends a message to ,
and then CC's , when I receive the
message at
I am the only recipient.

Does anyone know how to preserve that information? Without those
headers it seems the redirection is quite useless.

Thanks

Old May 2nd 06, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.outlook
Michael B. Williams

Michael B. Williams wrote:
I am using Microsoft Exchange to manage a company email account, and I
have recently set up redirection on the account by creating a rule that
redirects all email the server receives (note that I mean *redirect*
not *forward*).

To keep things simple let us say that the exchange account is
and I am redirecting the mail to .

The problem is that none of the TO, CC and BCC headers are preserved.
So if
sends a message to ,
and then CC's , when I receive the
message at
I am the only recipient.

Does anyone know how to preserve that information? Without those
headers it seems the redirection is quite useless.

Thanks

I forgot that google groups truncates email addresses. Here is the
message to make it a little more readable:

------------------------------

I am using Microsoft Exchange to manage a company email account, and I
have recently set up redirection on the account by creating a rule that
redirects all email the server receives (note that I mean *redirect*
not *forward*).

To keep things simple let us say that the exchange account is
me(AT)domain.com and I am redirecting the mail to alt(AT)email.com .

The problem is that none of the TO, CC and BCC headers are preserved.
So if personA(AT)domain.com sends a message to me(AT)domain.com,
personB(AT)domain.com and then CC's personC(AT)domain.com, when I
receive the message at alt(AT)email.com I am the only recipient.

Old May 2nd 06, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Durkee

Do the redirect on the server rather than using an Outlook rule. It can be
set up in ADUC's user properties screen under Exchange General Delivery
Options.

-Peter

"Michael B. Williams" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old May 4th 06, 03:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.outlook
Michael B. Williams

Michael B. Williams wrote:
[...]

Thank you for the information. My email admin seems to be kind of new
to exchange so he didnt know quite what to do, so I had to do some
searching to find the steps. I found this on microsoft:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281926

are these the correct instructions to perform this? And does it matter
that the email I am forwarding to is not an exchange email on the same
server?

thanks again.