Need to uninstall & reinstall Outlook without uninstalling all office XP

Old May 1st 06, 09:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Dermot

Default Need to uninstall & reinstall Outlook without uninstalling all office XP

I have been told by my ISP that my outlook is corrupted and I need to
reinstall it. I have tried to repair it using the office XP CD but this has
not corrected the problem which is an error message 0x80048002 which
prevents me from sending messages - and only partially from receiving them.
In the office CD it does not offer me the option of removing & Reinstalling
outlook and not the whole of office. I have backed up my outlook files but
don't want to lose all my Word setting etc like dictionaries - Please help

Old May 1st 06, 10:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alan Smithee Jr.

Office Professional Edition 2003

Control Panel Add or Remove Programs Office Professional Edition 2003
Change Add or Remove Features - Uncheck Outlook.

Old May 1st 06, 11:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Chuck Davis

Instead of removing, just choose Detect and Repair from the Help drop down
menu...

Old May 2nd 06, 08:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

Dermot wrote:
I have been told by my ISP that my outlook is corrupted and I need to
reinstall it.

As that advice is coming from an ISP I would be VERY dubious as to whether
it is correct or neccessary. Very often ISP support personnel just follow a
script, the final sentence of which is "Re-install" if they don't understand
the problem.

Have you posted your problem here so that you might get some proper advice
and assistance?