Where's the certificate (RPC over HTTP between Outlook & Exchange)

Old February 18th 06, 07:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Steve Baker

Default Where's the certificate (RPC over HTTP between Outlook & Exchange)

I have a PC which has a good, working config. of Outlook connecting to an
Exchange server with RPC over HTTP(S). Now I need to copy this to another
PC, but can't get the connection to work, despite having all the same
settings. I gather there's a certificate somewhere, so I think I need to
copy that.

Can someone tell me how to find it and copy it over?

Thanks,

Steve

Old February 18th 06, 07:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

are you getting any error messages? did you look at the connection status?
(hold ctrl key and right click on the tray icon)

do both computers log into the network? if the second does not try changing
the authentication mode to basic.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Old February 19th 06, 09:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Steve Baker

Don't get that far. It tells me the Exchange server is unavailable (which it
isn't), so all I get is the chance to retry (fails again), cancel (stops
outlook) or work offline (leaves in disconnected mode).

It's the cert. I'm missing, I'm pretty sure, because I haven't copied it
over. I don't know where to look for it, which is the problem.

Steve

Old February 19th 06, 03:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

does the computer have a firewall? does the url work in IE?

mine works without a cert installed locally... it sounds more like you are
not able to 'talk' with the server at all - that's why it fails at that
point. if you are working outside the network and just setting up the
profile, you'll need to cancel and click more settings then add the url. or
if you can use vpn, vpn in and set up the profile.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Steve Baker" wrote in message
Don't get that far. It tells me the Exchange server is unavailable (which
it isn't), so all I get is the chance to retry (fails again), cancel
(stops outlook) or work offline (leaves in disconnected mode).

It's the cert. I'm missing, I'm pretty sure, because I haven't copied it
over. I don't know where to look for it, which is the problem.

Steve

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote in message
are you getting any error messages? did you look at the connection
status? (hold ctrl key and right click on the tray icon)

do both computers log into the network? if the second does not try
changing the authentication mode to basic.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

Old February 27th 06, 09:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Steve Baker

These are two identical laptops on the same LAN segment with the same
firewalling (unrestricted). One works perfectly and the other doesn't. I'm
told that when it was installed, it needed a cert. installed, so I'm trying
to find that to copy to the new laptop.

As far as I can tell, all the server settings are identical in both. One
connects perfectly to the exchange server and one complains it can't get a
response. There MUST be some kind of cert. in there somewhere to keep it all
very secure.

Any more thoughts?