Problems synching diary entries with Outlook2003 and a Sony Ericsson P910i - duplication of entries every time I synch!

Old April 27th 06, 01:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook
ship

Default Problems synching diary entries with Outlook2003 and a Sony Ericsson P910i - duplication of entries every time I synch!

Tech Background
I am using - Outlook2003/Windows2000/Phone Connector Monitor etc (i.e.
the software that comes with the P910i)

Hi

I have major problems synchronising my diary on my P910i with my ms
Outlook2003 diary.

Every time I synchronise my phone/Outlook, many but not all of my diary
entries duplicate themselves! But WHY? It's not like I've even
*touched* most of them!

Basically I use my P910i phone to enter most of my dates.
But I also need to input more advanced stuff on my Outlook 2003.
But every time I synchronise various items double themselves.
- What am I doing wrong?
- How can I stop this from happening?!

- And what about DELETIONS?
e.g. if I delete the duplicate diary entries from within Outlook, will
that then delete the duplicate entries in my phone?
- and what about the other way round - i.e. if I delete stuff from my
phone, will it delete the entry in Outlook?
- Do "deletions" have a lifespan (e.g. if I delete an entry in
Outlook2003 and then IMMEDIATELY synchronise, will that deletion take
pace on the phone too? Or will the it spring back to life with the copy
still on the phone appearing back in Outlook...??)

All very confusing!

With thanks
Ship
Shiperton Henethe

Old April 27th 06, 03:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Synchronization is a function of your phone's software - I would check with
Sony-Ericsson to see what they have to say about it.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, ship asked:

Old April 27th 06, 11:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook
ship

That's all very well, but I tried posting a question on the
www.esato.com
website (SE's official user support forum I think) but did not get a
single reply or comment back!

Ship
Shiperton Henethe

Old July 18th 06, 08:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Chuck1966

Default Problems synching diary entries with Outlook2003 and a Sony Er

Esato is independent of SE. Try the knowledge base page for the P910 on the
Sony Ericsson site.
http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...=ps1&pid=10183
(UK link)

"ship" wrote:

That's all very well, but I tried posting a question on the
www.esato.com
website (SE's official user support forum I think) but did not get a
single reply or comment back!

Ship
Shiperton Henethe

Can't sync Outlook Calendar with my Sony Ericsson K300i mobile pho Brian J S Outlook - Calandaring 3 April 1st 06 11:41 AM
TIME CHANGE CAUSING CALENDAR ENTRIES TO SPAN 24 HOURS Christi Outlook - Calandaring 1 March 30th 06 09:29 PM
entries dougrob Outlook - Calandaring 1 February 25th 06 07:50 AM
Multiple entries BDMIA Outlook - Calandaring 0 February 6th 06 11:46 PM
Synching problems Bruce Outlook - Installation 1 January 24th 06 05:56 PM