Uninstall of Symantec Corporate 9 breaks Outlook 2003

Old April 22nd 06, 04:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Darryl Elwin

Default Uninstall of Symantec Corporate 9 breaks Outlook 2003

Hi
Have worked on this for two days and gotten no where!!

I have a client who has Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition v9 deployed
We are wanting to move them over to NOD32

After Uninstalled Symantec Antivirus from a PC, No Errors from uninstall,
Outlook 2003 can no longer access pop or Smtp ports on the internet.
What is really wierd is
1: Outlook express on the same PC can access the pop and smtp ports on the
internet
2: Using Telnet on the same pc you can access port 110 and 25 ports on the
internet
3: If you goto the control panel and access the mail icon, open a profile
and test the mail setting from there, the account does connect to the
internet on ports 25 and 110

But it will not work from inside outlook. Outlook will however connect to
port 110 and 25 on a local server

I have tried this on 2 pc's now, one is Windows XP SP2 Outlook 2003 sp 2the
other is Windows XP SP1 Outlook 2003

Things I've tried that have made no difference
Installing the new NOD32 client
reinstall office with force reinstall of all files switch on
Uninstall - Reinstall Outlook
Go through manual unistall document for Nav CE 9

If you reinstall Nav CE 9, Outlook can once again access ports 110 and 25 on
the internet

So I'm pretty sure this is an NAV CE 9 issue but I cant find any reference
anywhere to this issue

I'm guessing the unistall mus have left a setting or file behind after the
unistall that outlook is still calling, but what and where

Thanks in advance for any help

Old April 22nd 06, 04:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

If you are pretty sure this is a NAV CE9 problem, why are you posting to an
Outlook group rather than a Symantec one?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Darryl Elwin asked:

Old April 22nd 06, 05:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Darryl Elwin

Beacause even though I like its a Nav CE 9 Problem, Its Only affecting
Outlook, nothing else. So I'm hoping so Outlook guru will know what exactly
is going on

Old April 22nd 06, 05:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

it's is a NAV problem. did you look for any support docs at Symantec? Is a
there any NAV dlls still loading?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]