Making our own workaround for flag popups in subfolders of default folders.

Old April 19th 06, 03:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
StargateFanFromWork

Default Making our own workaround for flag popups in subfolders of default folders.

Was looking to make my own workaround for getting around the problem of
reminders usu. not working in subfolders. Since it's been done already,
know it can be done. But where would one start? I had reminders popup in a
job last year for sure (so they must have had something there). And I'd had
this behaviour before, so somewhere along the way, my backups lost that
ability. Definitely for the last 2 jobs before this one, could rely on this
behaviour as in job before last relied on flags to help me keep track of
100s of emails in many subfolders of the inbox. And in last job, used this
in one folder exclusively. But since I've installed new office, completely
lost that ability and it's been an awful 2 months without it.

Just need a pointer in right direction to start doing research on building a
reliable workaround for myself. I can't afford anything shareware, so
that's out so hoping someone can tell me what I need to look at in Outlook
to at least give flag functionality back to one of my inbox's subfolders.

Thanks. D

Old April 19th 06, 03:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Maybe you had the program from http://www.slovaktech.com installed? If you can't afford that, how much is your time worth? It took the author about two years to research, write, and test that application.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old April 19th 06, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
StargateFanFromWork

I don't know what they had installed, unfortunately. I just know that that
dept.'s Outlook had flags popup in subfolders so I changed over to using
subfolders out of my inbox rather than as regular folders.

Are there any freeware or other alternatives instead of a shareware
workaround? Or, alternatively, what do we need to look at to make our own?
Last year's case was extreme where so many subfolders had reminders. I
really only need to have one subfolder with popup reminder ability. I don't
need to have a whole host of folders with this capability, fortunately. No
sorting by categories, etc., or other organizational attempts do the job as
when one subfolder's reminders work.

Appreciate any pointers on where to start. Thanks.

*********************************

Old April 19th 06, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

There is no freeware. Do you know how to program in VBA, VB, CDO, and
ExtendedMAPI? Even an expert programmers time to write something is worth
more than $15 and that's certainly affordable for anyone who needs reminders
in other folders.

(The version you need for basic reminders is at
http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm.)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]