Microsoft Outlook 2003

Old April 14th 06, 11:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
David F. Sage

Default Microsoft Outlook 2003

Problem:

I have just started to use a super fast PC that tries to quickly to log-into
four separate email accounts via Broadband at my ISP, resulting in connect
failures.

If I individually log-in to each account, it is successful.

Request:

Can Outlook 2003 be configured to slow the process of connecting to my ISP,
I thank you David.

Old April 14th 06, 01:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Francine Otterson [MVP - Outlook]

David,

You can change the connection time out setting for each account by under
account setting - advance. This would help if your accounts are trying to
connect and have so long of trying just stops. Increasing the time allowed
might help. But we may need more information from you if that does not
help.

--
Regards,

Francine Otterson
President, San Diego Outlook User Group
MVP - Microsoft Outlook

Old April 15th 06, 07:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
David F. Sage

Francine.

Many thanks for the prompt reply, I have extended the "Server Timeout"
settings to 4 minutes and the Logon to my ISP connection failures persist.

Please let me know which additional information you may require, with my
kind regards David.

Old April 18th 06, 01:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Francine Otterson [MVP - Outlook]

Did you check the connection setting for that specific ISP under Advanced
settings. Also what type of connection are you using if you are using a
connection that is not stable such a slow wireless that could cause an issue
as well.

Old April 18th 06, 04:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
David F. Sage

Francine.

Yes, I set the Advanced connection settings as recommended by the ISP.

I use a p-2-p 100M LAN to a Linksys Gateway Rooter, the problem started
after installing an HP xw9300 Workstation.

Old April 19th 06, 01:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Francine Otterson [MVP - Outlook]

The it may be move of network issue then anything I am not sure other then
the new system network configuration may need to be check or that of the
routers. What other issues did you start seeing once you installed the HP
workstation.

Old April 21st 06, 10:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
David F. Sage

Francine.

No other problems started after installing the HP xw9300 Workstation, the
LAN and Router is working OK.

After going online to HP they say it is definitely not a xw9300 hardware
problem and is either Microsoft Office Outlook or an ISP malfunction, my
ISP's will start logging the handshake at logon and provide a result early
in May 06.

I will let you know the outcome; thanks for your help and regards David.

Old May 8th 06, 11:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
David F. Sage

Francine.

My ISP reports the intermittent problem I had when logging-on was caused by
a line-hardware fault, it has been corrected and all is working OK.

While in contact with you, is it possible to access Outlook 2003 "Contacts"
direct from a Desktop-Icon?

I appreciate your help, kind regards David.

Old May 8th 06, 01:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

David F. Sage wrote:

While in contact with you, is it possible to access Outlook 2003
"Contacts" direct from a Desktop-Icon?

Create a shortcut whose target is
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /select
outlook:contacts
to open Outlook directly in the Contacts folder.
--
Brian Tillman