How do I set up outlook for my e-mail?

Old April 12th 06, 02:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Wendy

Default How do I set up outlook for my e-mail?

I am new to this company and we do not have tech support. can somebody help
me set up or provide directions for my outlook e-mail for version 2003?
If anyone can call me, my phone is 1-800-375-6450. thanks!

Old April 12th 06, 02:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Do you have any idea what the names of your mail servers are and other info
like that (logins, passwords, etc)

news

Old April 12th 06, 04:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Wendy wrote:

I can find out - I'm told that my computer is the server. how do I
find that information?

Your computer is the client, not the server. If there are other people in
your office who use Outlook, see what their settings are. Click
ToolsE-mail AccountsNext. Select the account and choose Change. Note all
the settings there. Then click More Settings and note what you see on each
tab.
--
Brian Tillman

Old April 12th 06, 06:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Wendy

there is only one other person in the office and nobody uses Outlook. I want
to use it and set it up on the other person's computer to be able to use the
calendar

Old April 12th 06, 08:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Wendy wrote:

there is only one other person in the office and nobody uses Outlook.
I want to use it and set it up on the other person's computer to be
able to use the calendar

What do you use for email now?
--
Brian Tillman
Old April 13th 06, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Wendy

I use yahoo. I would like to switch to Outlook. anyway i can use Outlook? I
don't know how to start setting it up.

Old April 13th 06, 07:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Wendy wrote:

I use yahoo. I would like to switch to Outlook. anyway i can use
Outlook? I don't know how to start setting it up.

Yahoo is not a mail client but a mail service. What I'm asking is what you
use to read your mail.
--
Brian Tillman

Old April 13th 06, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Wendy wrote:

I don't have a mail client set up yet for Outlook.

I'm apparently not expressing myself clearly enough.

When you wish to read mail, exactly what do you click?
--
Brian Tillman