Outlook 2010 No Longer Deletes Mail From Server

Old April 21st 10, 07:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rev. Michael L. Burns

Default Outlook 2010 No Longer Deletes Mail From Server

Until today, Outlook 2010 was working great but this afternoon I recieved
a message from my email provider saying that may inbox on the server was
full. I checked and all the mail I had recieved for the last three days was
still on the server. I delete all the mail on the server but after reciever
a dozen or so more emails I decided to check the server again and found that
once again the emails had not been deleted. Is there a setting in Outlook
2010 that mail have changed that needs to be reset to tell it to delete the
files from the server when the download is complete?

Thanks,
Michae;

Old April 21st 10, 08:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH[_2_]

Rev. Michael L. Burns wrote:

Until today, Outlook 2010 was working great but this afternoon I recieved
a message from my email provider saying that may inbox on the server was
full. I checked and all the mail I had recieved for the last three days was
still on the server. I delete all the mail on the server but after reciever
a dozen or so more emails I decided to check the server again and found that
once again the emails had not been deleted. Is there a setting in Outlook
2010 that mail have changed that needs to be reset to tell it to delete the
files from the server when the download is complete?

Thanks,
Michae;

This newsgroup discusses the released versions.

Microsoft Office 2010 forums are at:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...ory/office2010
Old April 21st 10, 01:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"Rev. Michael L. Burns" wrote in message
. com...

Until today, Outlook 2010 was working great but this afternoon I recieved a
message from my email provider saying that may inbox on the server was full.
I checked and all the mail I had recieved for the last three days was still
on the server. I delete all the mail on the server but after reciever a
dozen or so more emails I decided to check the server again and found that
once again the emails had not been deleted. Is there a setting in Outlook
2010 that mail have changed that needs to be reset to tell it to delete the
files from the server when the download is complete?

Yes. On the Backstage (the orange File tab), there is an Account Settings
button. Click it, select your account, then click Change. Click More
Settings and select the Advanced tab and uncheck the box labeled "Leave a copy
of messages on trhe server"
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old April 21st 10, 10:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rev. Michael L. Burns

Hello Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook],

Thanks a million. That took care of my problem.

Michael

Old April 22nd 10, 01:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"Rev. Michael L. Burns" wrote in message
. com...

Thanks a million. That took care of my problem.

You're welcome.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]