Is there any way to remove an e-mail hyperlink in OE6?

Old January 4th 10, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Relztrah

Default Is there any way to remove an e-mail hyperlink in OE6?

I'm trying to make an e-mail address plain text. Underline is NOT checked. I
have selected the text, checked and unchecked it a dozen times. I've clicked
on FormatPlain Text and back to Rich Text. Then back to Plain Text. Then
back to Rich Text. Then changed the font, then changed it back. Then selected
the text and unchecked underline. Then underlined again and deselected
underlining. Well, you get the idea.

I was able to change the font from blue to black, but still can't remove the
underline no matter what I do. Any ideas?
Old January 6th 10, 02:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Twayne[_3_]

In ,
Relztrah typed:
I'm trying to make an e-mail address plain text. Underline is NOT
checked. I have selected the text, checked and unchecked it a dozen
times. I've clicked on FormatPlain Text and back to Rich Text. Then
back to Plain Text. Then back to Rich Text. Then changed the font,
then changed it back. Then selected the text and unchecked underline.
Then underlined again and deselected underlining. Well, you get the
idea.

I was able to change the font from blue to black, but still can't
remove the underline no matter what I do. Any ideas?

Select the link, delete it, backspace once, and retype in the link.

Or if in OE, click View; Source Edit and there you can go in and edit out
the link. Source Edit is only available when writing a mail or replying.

Of course, anything with an @ is going to turn back into a link; so replace
@ with AT and the dot with DOT.

Twayne

Live in the moment;
be open to the possibilities
that life has to offer.

Old February 2nd 10, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Twayne[_3_]

In ,
matador typed:
"Relztrah" , haber iletisinde
şunları ...
I'm trying to make an e-mail address plain text. Underline is NOT
checked. I
have selected the text, checked and unchecked it a dozen times. I've
clicked
on FormatPlain Text and back to Rich Text. Then back to Plain Text.
Then back to Rich Text. Then changed the font, then changed it back.
Then selected
the text and unchecked underline. Then underlined again and
deselected underlining. Well, you get the idea.

I was able to change the font from blue to black, but still can't
remove the
underline no matter what I do. Any ideas?

That's how it works and how it's designed to work.
If you don't want it to show as a link, munge it somehow.
If you think it not being a link will help security in any way, it will not.

HTH,

Twayne