Start response after quote back?

Old October 4th 09, 05:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
D. Kirkpatrick

Default Start response after quote back?

Certainly this has been asked before but I just subscribed to this
newsgroup and back-dating is massive.

I have Outlook Express 6. Windows XP SP3, IE8.

Is there a way to start an e-mail response in OE6 BELOW the quoted
back text?

The default seems to be to insert the response ABOVE the quoted text.
In other programs you seem to have a choice and I cannot seem to find
that setting.

I'd like to insert the cursor below the quote back text.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

DMK
Old October 4th 09, 05:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

"D. Kirkpatrick" wrote in message
Certainly this has been asked before but I just subscribed to this
newsgroup and back-dating is massive.

I have Outlook Express 6. Windows XP SP3, IE8.

Is there a way to start an e-mail response in OE6 BELOW the quoted
back text?

The default seems to be to insert the response ABOVE the quoted text.
In other programs you seem to have a choice and I cannot seem to find
that setting.

I'd like to insert the cursor below the quote back text.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

DMK

By "back-dating is massive", do you mean the number of messages downloaded
when you subscribed? There is a fix for that.

To answer your immediate question, you can:

A: Manually use Ctrl + End.

B: OE-QuoteFix:

C: Do a little reg hack.

To reply at bottom, close OE, then Start | Run and type in

regedit

Press Enter and navigate to this location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\GUID {Long string of letters and
numbers}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0

On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. Type

Reply At End

Press ENTER.

Right-click Reply At End, and then click Modify. In the Value data box, type
1, and then click OK.

To reset it to the default Reply At Top, change the value back to 0 (zero).
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

Old October 4th 09, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Twayne[_2_]

"D. Kirkpatrick" wrote in message

Certainly this has been asked before but I just subscribed to this
newsgroup and back-dating is massive.

I have Outlook Express 6. Windows XP SP3, IE8.

Is there a way to start an e-mail response in OE6 BELOW the quoted
back text?

The default seems to be to insert the response ABOVE the quoted text.
In other programs you seem to have a choice and I cannot seem to find
that setting.

I'd like to insert the cursor below the quote back text.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

DMK

OE Quotefix was written for just that purpose and fixes a lot of other
things too, including letting you see each responder's text in a
different color for Plain Text messages, which all newsgroup mesages
should be.
http://email.about.com/cs/oepluginre...e-quotefix.htm
and
http://email.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1...e/oe-quotefix/
or
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/oequotefix.html

HTH,

Twayne`

..

Old October 5th 09, 12:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
D. Kirkpatrick

In article ,
"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\GUID {Long string of letters and
numbers}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0

I'm running OE6. Any idea if this will also work for that version or
they compliment each other?

Thanks

Old October 5th 09, 01:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\GUID {Long string of letters and
numbers}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0

I'm running OE6. Any idea if this will also work for that version or
they compliment each other?

Thanks

Please include all previous messages in your replies. It makes things much
easier for us to follow. Thank you.

That registry key will always show Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0 even though
OE6 is your client.

Yes, the reg hack will work as long as you have XP/SP2 or SP3.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

Old October 5th 09, 06:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
D. Kirkpatrick

In article ,
"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Please include all previous messages in your replies. It makes things much
easier for us to follow. Thank you.

That registry key will always show Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0 even though
OE6 is your client.

Yes, the reg hack will work as long as you have XP/SP2 or SP3.

Thanks for the tip.

I was unaware of the request to chain post.

In many groups that is considered bad Usenet etiquette which is why I
only quoted back the relevent segment.

Thanks