Outlook error message cannot send

Old March 26th 06, 11:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
gila

Default Outlook error message cannot send

I do recall updating comcast's support agent the other day and maybe that has
a bearing on the problem. I hadn't updated that program from my initial
installation until the other day.

"bigdeal" wrote:

My neighbor is having the same problem also with comcast. They claim it must
be a windows problem an they can receive using the comcast.net site. I've
tried Outlook, Outlook Express and Thunderbird with the same results. What
makes this hard to understand is it's happening with two pc's in the house.
They also are using McAfee. Emails been fine for two years with comcast and
the problem just started about a week ago.

"gila" wrote:

I started using comast about a month ago. Outlook worked just fine, but now
I can only receive emails and not send. Comast says they don't support
outlook. Im ususing McAfee for virus scanning v. 9.1 build 9.1.10 engine
4.4.00 dat 4.0.4724 and zonealarm (free version) as my firewall.

Any suggestions

these are the error messages I have received

Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC60) : 'Your
outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue
to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet
service provider (ISP). The server responded: 24.0.176.59 has too many
connections ( 2 ) on sccrmhc13'

Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC60) : 'Your
outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue
to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet
service provider (ISP). The server responded: 24.0.176.59 has too many
connections ( 2 ) on rwcrmhc11'