Google web site blocked

Old March 15th 06, 12:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
limeybiker

Default Google web site blocked

If I try and access any google web site I get this message.

Cannot access www.google.com ?
This is because your PC infected by SpyWare
Click here for Spyware Remover

Old March 15th 06, 12:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mac

"limeybiker" wrote in message
If I try and access any google web site I get this message.

Cannot access www.google.com ?
This is because your PC infected by SpyWare
Click here for Spyware Remover

Check for Spywa
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.html

Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. OE. [DTS]

Old March 15th 06, 01:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
limeybiker

Like an idiot I opened an attachment purportedly from the BBC, my previous
employer in the UK, it was a zip file and it changed my IE home page to a
porn site.

I have run Ad-Aware, Spybot, registry Mechanic, Norton and changed the hosts
file.

I have deleted history, cookies, temp internet files, all passwords and user
auto complete entries.

This is the message I get if I try and run the google tool bar.

I checked the all-tfaff.com and it is a hijack search site.
Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

Old March 15th 06, 06:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

You probably have some registry entries hanging around. Click
start-run-regedit-local machine -expand microsoft-windows, current
version - check in run folders for your troublesome program and delete
the entry. Besure to back your registry up first. Check all run folders
in the registry.

Old March 15th 06, 12:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mac

"limeybiker" wrote in message
Like an idiot I opened an attachment purportedly from the BBC, my previous
employer in the UK, it was a zip file and it changed my IE home page to a
porn site.

I have run Ad-Aware, Spybot, registry Mechanic, Norton and changed the
hosts file.

I have deleted history, cookies, temp internet files, all passwords and
user auto complete entries.

This is the message I get if I try and run the google tool bar.

I checked the all-tfaff.com and it is a hijack search site.
Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

Visit the link I gave you earlier http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm look for
the articles on HijackThis.
Register & Read the instructions in the header post at the site below, D/L
HijackThis - Run. Then post your log to http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
*NOT HERE*!
HTH?
--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. OE. [DTS]

Old March 15th 06, 02:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
limeybiker

Evidently this is named the act of terrorism Trojan.

I can't access Symantec or Microsoft to get a fix.

Ride safe

Barry

Old March 15th 06, 03:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

"limeybiker" wrote in message

Evidently this is named the act of terrorism Trojan.

I can't access Symantec or Microsoft to get a fix.

run HijackThis; http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip
HijackThis - Tutorial & FAQ;
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...howtutorial=42

Register he http://aumha.net/profile.php?mode=register
Once you have received your registration confirmation, post your HJT
log he *(for expert analysis)*
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30

Please see http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=4075 and
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm before posting to the forum.

HijackThis tutorial:
http://aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old June 10th 06, 05:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
limeybiker

Many thanks Frank, sorry about the delay in replying.
We had to make a sudden sad trip across the pond

Barry