Printing messages

Old November 9th 08, 09:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
desertgal

Default Printing messages

Is there a way to print a message from OE6 without printing any of the
headers?? I can't figure out how to delete the headers before
printing. Also, can the pics in an email be copied directly to
WinWord? When I try this all I get is a placeholder & no image, the
text copies but that's all.

Thanks
Old November 9th 08, 10:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

1) You have almost no printing format control in OE. What little there
is (margins, font size) comes from the Internet Explorer settings.

2) The copying doesn't seem to work for me either.

Old November 10th 08, 12:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Download and install this freeware tool. Among other things, if you open a
message via the Fullscreen button you can print without headers. Open the
message and Ctrl + P to start the print process.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

OETool:
www.oehelp.com/OETool/

Old November 10th 08, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
desertgal

Thanks Bruce. I downloaded & installed the program. but it still prints
partial headers. I want to remove all addresses & I'm still getting To:
From: Date: & Subject.

Old November 10th 08, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Did you use the Open Fullscreen button to open the message and then Ctrl+P
to activate the printer? Is the message in HTML?

I get no headers. Top right: Page 1 of ?. Bottom left: about:blank. Bottom
right: The date.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

From: Date: & Subject.

Old November 10th 08, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
desertgal

Got it that time. I wasn't using the toolbar icon to open the message,
I was just double clicking the message. It's working now, Thanks.

Old November 10th 08, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

You're welcome.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old December 7th 08, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
desertgal

desertgal wrote:
Is there a way to print a message from OE6 without printing any of the
headers?? I can't figure out how to delete the headers before
printing. Also, can the pics in an email be copied directly to
WinWord? When I try this all I get is a placeholder & no image, the
text copies but that's all.

Thanks

Ok, another question. I downloaded OETool & can print messages from OE,
unless they're attachments. Is there a way to use OETool to print from
the attachment? Something easier than sending the message back to
myself & removing headers before forwarding, so far that or copying &
pasting into Word are the only things that work.

Thanks

Old December 7th 08, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

"desertgal" wrote in message
desertgal wrote:
Is there a way to print a message from OE6 without printing any of the
headers?? I can't figure out how to delete the headers before printing.
Also, can the pics in an email be copied directly to WinWord? When I try
this all I get is a placeholder & no image, the text copies but that's
all.

Thanks

Ok, another question. I downloaded OETool & can print messages from OE,
unless they're attachments. Is there a way to use OETool to print from
the attachment? Something easier than sending the message back to myself
& removing headers before forwarding, so far that or copying & pasting
into Word are the only things that work.

Thanks

What type of attachment? If this an eml attachment that you had to open a
few times to get to it such as those from an AOL user? With the attachment
open, click Forward. Remove all but the text you want to print and then
Ctrl+S to save it to Drafts. Print it from there using OETool.

Or for another type of attachment, try saving it to your HDD first. Right
click and Open With. Select a program such as Word or whatever works best.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old December 8th 08, 12:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
desertgal

Bruce Hagen wrote:
"desertgal" wrote in message
desertgal wrote:
[...]

Thanks Bruce,

Some of them are forwarded several times, others are just one attached
message. I'll try saving to drafts & printing from there with OETool.