Multiple Page Loading

Old November 7th 08, 08:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Guest

Default Multiple Page Loading

Recently I have had a problem with OE loading multiple windows of the same
message. I can close it but it pops up again unrequested. Sometimes it just
goes spaz and loads up to 16 before I can hit close group. I don't know if
this is related but during this flip-out the cursor bounces up and down. I
have run Spybot, Ad-Aware and PC-On-Point plus the usual housekeeping.
I use Windows XP home with sp2 and OE is Ver. 6.
Thanks
Joni

Old November 7th 08, 05:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

1. Your current Identity may be damaged, especially if its the default Main
Identity. Try one or more of your accounts in a new Named Identity...

File | Identities | Add new identity

Assuming all is well, (a) compact all folders in the old identity, (b)
import messages from the old identity into the new one, and then (c) delete
the old one (File | Identities | Manage Identities).

2. If the behavior persists in the new identity, run more thorough check for
hijackware, including posting your hijackthis log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Old November 12th 08, 09:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Guest

As usual Mr. Dyer, you are a wealth of knowledge and information!
I didn't create a new identity because I didn't know what would happen to
all my folder mail-I suppose it wouldn't affect that.
I noticed that the new definitions files were not downloading to Spybot and
AdAware so I removed them, re-downloaded them, got new definitions and then
did a defrag. There were about 9 critical items that I removed. That must
have been the cause, since my computer has been behaving after that was
done.
Thanks again for all you help!!!!!!!
Joni

Old November 13th 08, 01:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

YW & thanks very much for your feedback.

I would still strongly recommend posting your HijackThis log to an
appropriate forum for review by an expert in such matters.

jemster wrote:
[...]

(http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use
(in
conjunction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix anything
on
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for
review

If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
this