Spell check is in French

Old October 19th 08, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
drybones[_2_]

Default Spell check is in French

Not sure what I did when I installed WinXP Pro but when I went to setup
Spell Check in O.E I find French is the language setup for spelling check
and do not know how to change it to English.

Can any kind person assiste these tired old and drybones?

Many thanks,
drybones

Old October 19th 08, 04:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Installing Office 2007 caused this.

You no longer have spell checking capabilities in some languages in Outlook
Express 6.0 after you install the 2007 Microsoft Office system:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974

Outlook Express cannot use the MS Word spell check in Office 2007.
Downloading a free spell check is the simplest way around this.

Vampirefo Spell Check.

From Major Geeks:

From SnapFile:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spelloe.html

TinySpell:
http://www.tinyspell.m6.net/ (Checks the spelling as you type).

Australian English Spell Check
(Also suitable for other English speaking countries.)
http://www.justlocal.com.au/clients/oespellcheck/

If you have a previous version of Office, see this:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061228.htm
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old October 19th 08, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
drybones[_2_]

Many Thanks Bruce.

Spell check is now in English.

drybones

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
Installing Office 2007 caused this.

You no longer have spell checking capabilities in some languages in
Outlook Express 6.0 after you install the 2007 Microsoft Office system:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974

Outlook Express cannot use the MS Word spell check in Office 2007.
Downloading a free spell check is the simplest way around this.

Vampirefo Spell Check.

From Major Geeks:

From SnapFile:

Old October 19th 08, 05:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

You're welcome.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"drybones" wrote in message
Many Thanks Bruce.

Spell check is now in English.

drybones

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
Installing Office 2007 caused this.

You no longer have spell checking capabilities in some languages in
Outlook Express 6.0 after you install the 2007 Microsoft Office system:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974

Outlook Express cannot use the MS Word spell check in Office 2007.
Downloading a free spell check is the simplest way around this.

Vampirefo Spell Check.

From Major Geeks:

From SnapFile:

Old November 7th 08, 11:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
greg

I have a similar problem in MS Project 2003; I only have French as the
language in spell checker. I’m using Office 2007, OE, and Project 2003 … how
can I fix it?

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Installing Office 2007 caused this.

You no longer have spell checking capabilities in some languages in Outlook
Express 6.0 after you install the 2007 Microsoft Office system:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974

Outlook Express cannot use the MS Word spell check in Office 2007.
Downloading a free spell check is the simplest way around this.

Vampirefo Spell Check.

From Major Geeks:

From SnapFile:

Old November 7th 08, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

If your question is about OE, see my reply to the OP. If your question is
about MS Project 2003, I have no idea. Perhaps an Office newsgroup would be
able to help.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Installing Office 2007 caused this.

You no longer have spell checking capabilities in some languages in
Outlook
Express 6.0 after you install the 2007 Microsoft Office system:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974

Outlook Express cannot use the MS Word spell check in Office 2007.
Downloading a free spell check is the simplest way around this.

Vampirefo Spell Check.

From Major Geeks:

From SnapFile: