Outlook Express Problem - Not receiving incoming emails

Old October 11th 08, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Victory1

Default Outlook Express Problem - Not receiving incoming emails

All of the sudden, I am not receiving all of my emails in several of my
identies.The send receive is chiming and giving me the number of incoming
emails, however, not all of the emails are physically showing up in the
inbox. Where are the messages going.

Also, switching between identities use to be automatic. Now I have to manual
do the switch, select the drop down box, select the identity, close the
previous identity, open the new identity. Now I get the error that Outlook
Express did not shut down correctly. What seems to be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter.
Old October 11th 08, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

View | Current View. Is Show All Messages checked? Any message rules or
blocked senders?

Define *automatic*. File | Switch Identity doesn't work? Does it for going
between some identities, but not all?
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old October 11th 08, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

The missing messages could be a number of things.

Messages could match a blocked sender listing (Tools, Message Rules,
Blocked Sender List). These messages go to the Deleted Items folder.

You have a message rule (Tools, Message Rules, Mail) that is deleting
messages, moving them to another folder or causing them not to be
downloaded from the server. Message Rules apply to POP3 accounts only.

You are running any spam software that is filtering out the messages.

You mail service is running anti-spam software and putting the messages
in a folder that does not get downloaded.

As for your switching identities problem, that is most likely caused by
your anti-virus software being set to scan e-mail as it downloads.
Norton in particular has problems with switching identities. It's one
of those things that may work fine for a while, then suddenly start
having problems for no apparent reason.

As long as your anti-virus software is set to scan files as they are
opened, scanning e-mail as it downloads or sends is unnecessary and
prone to problems.

With some anti-virus (and anti-spam) programs, simply disabling the
e-mail scanning function doesn't really disable it. It simply tells the
program not to flag any messages. It still processes all the messages
and may still cause send/receive failures. What you may need to do is
uninstall the anti-virus program, then reinstall it using a custom
install option and unselect the e-mail scanning component for
installation.