Can't retrieve folder in Outlook Express6

Old September 28th 08, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
RamonaHall

Default Can't retrieve folder in Outlook Express6

Had a user created folder in OE6 called SAVE. I had to rebuild my box, I
saved this folder and other stuff to a thumbdrive. Once my box was rebuilt, I
copied all my files back over to their respective places. Once I reconfigured
OE I am not able to get access to this folder. It doesn't show up when
program is open. Its currently sitting in:
C;\Docs and Settings\[myprofile]\local settings\app data\Identies\{4F8C41B7
etc}\Microsoft\Outlook Exress... SAVE.dbx

I installed MS Outlook2K3 and tried to export all my files into it, that
didn't work either. I'm at a loss of how to get this folder to show up in
either program. Could you some assitance please. Thanks
Old September 28th 08, 07:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Close OE and in Windows Explorer,drag Save.dbx out of the message store to
the Desktop. Close the message store folder, but leave the path expanded.
Minimize Windows Explorer.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Open OE and create a folder with the *exact* same name as the one on the
Desktop. Open the new folder and then close OE. (You must do this). Go to
Windows Explorer and locate the Message Store folder for your OE identity,
but don't open it. Click on the Desktop and drag the file from the Desktop
in the right hand pane to the OE store folder in the left pane. Prompt - "Do
you want to overwrite......."? Click Yes.

*Note* If you have moved the Outlook Express store folder from it's default
location on drive C to another drive, drag the dbx file to a location on
that drive and not the Desktop.

Old September 29th 08, 03:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
RamonaHall

Thank you so much! I got my stuff back! The only thing I had to do that you
didn't mention was reboot at the end before I open OE back up. Without the
reboot, the cotents of the folder did not show up. Thank you again!

Old September 29th 08, 03:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

You're welcome & thanks for the feedback. Haven't seen a reboot needed in
the past, but it is something I will keep in mind.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express