Copy & paste photos

Old March 6th 06, 02:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kim Lambert

Default Copy & paste photos

I've searched without luck for the solution. I have to send newsletters with
photos in them to people who cannot open attachments. I've been copying and
pasting them to their e-mails, but lately cannot reproduce the photos. I
have XP2, and have (reluctantly) gone to Tools/Options/Security and reduced
my virus protection. It still does not work. Is there a way around this?
Many, many thanks for any help. Take care.....Kim

Old March 6th 06, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Copy / Paste will not work except by a fluke. You must save the picture to
your HDD and then, either Insert | Picture, or Insert | File Attachment.
Insert | Picture will not require an attachment to be opened.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old March 7th 06, 11:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kim Lambert

I might have given incorrect information, Bruce. These are photos embedded
in a newsletter file. I've got HTML set on, as well as to include pictures.
Has OE6 increased security, or changed their program in some way? Thanks for
your response...........Kim

Old March 7th 06, 08:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Save the message to the hard drive. Then create a new message to the person
to which you wish to send it and attach the saved message.

Then tell them to see point 1 he www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx

steve

Old March 7th 06, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kim Lambert

I'm using MS Word 2002. I have a 2-column 2 page newsletter that I send out
to about 100 people who belong to a professional/business club. I usually
include 2-3 jpeg photos, reduced to about 70 KB. These are inserted through
MS Word into the Newsletter. No problem when I send them out as an
attachment. But some people have bare-bones kind of programs, and cannot
open attachments. For the past several months, I've been simply copying the
entire newsletter, then pasting it onto the e-mails. It has worked fine.
People get their e-mail, and are able to view the Newsletter including the
photos. Now it doesn't work.

In addition, I notice that now when I receive e-mail, I can read it as usual
but there now is a paper clip attached which, when I open it, contains the
e-mail message. I've run my virus program and there is no virus. I
personally think a recent update to Windows has caused this problem. I've
run the same program on my laptop, which has not been updated for the past
month, and there is no problem. Interesting, eh?? I really value and
appreciate you working on this with me. I'm sure I can't be the only one
with this problem. Thanks again...........Kim

Old March 7th 06, 11:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Go to Tools | Options | Read and uncheck the option to read all messages in
plain text. See if that fixes the problem. That is why you are seeing
those attachments.

steve

Old March 9th 06, 01:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kim Lambert

I want to thank you for your help and interest, Bruce. My program is working
again as it had been in the past. I don't understand what happened, but
maybe it was a control placed by my ISP. Thanks again..........Kim