For Bruce Hagen

Old February 17th 06, 07:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
BoaterDave

Default For Bruce Hagen

Hello Bruce

Thank you for your valued responses to me - IMHO you have a wealth of knowledge (which I'm glad you are eager to share!)

I trust I am now posting as you have suggested.

Further query though. On the MS Communities web site, I can(and do) ask to be notified if there is a response.

I haven't found the same facility here, though (although I understand about the specs. and red text).

Is there an alert facility?

David B.
Old February 17th 06, 01:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Welcome to OE, Dave.

There isn't the same type of notification here. You understand Watch / Ignore. You can also Sort By Watch / Ignore which would keep those at the top of the list.

You can select View | Current View | Show replies to my messages. Only your posts will be visible.

You can make a rule where any message containing your address is another color.

The first thing you want to do ASAP is to go to Tools | Accounts | News | Properties | General, and change your address from to something like:
lid. You don't need the true address to post and Spammers use newsgroups to harvest addresses.

Also, while it isn't mandatory, the preferred way of posting is in Plain Text unless you have to use HTML for something to show to make a point, like a screen shot.

All in all, even without the same notification opportunities, I believe you will find it easier to find your messages after many more have been posted. You will also find that post and replies you send will show up much more quickly here.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old February 17th 06, 10:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
BoaterDave

Your advice is much appeciated, Bruce.

I will endeavour to take everything on board!

David B.