Eliminate Dashes Above Signatures

Old January 13th 08, 11:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ragdyer

Default Eliminate Dashes Above Signatures

Is there any way to eliminate those 2 dashes above inserted signatures from
displaying?
--
Regards,

RD

Old January 14th 08, 12:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

NTIAO, no.

Old January 14th 08, 12:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ragdyer

OK, I give up ... what does NTIAO stand for?

Couldn't even find it listed in the acronym sites.
--
Regards,

RD

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
NTIAO, no.

Old January 14th 08, 03:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Poprivet`

Ragdyer wrote:
Is there any way to eliminate those 2 dashes above inserted
signatures from displaying?

OE does not apply the sig delimiter by default. If they are there, and
they are incorrect, it's because you or some 3rd party software you're
using put them there.

It's possible they aren't working right because the sig delimiter is
actually two dashes followed by a space. If the space isn't there, it
won't be properly detected. Either fix it or remove them completely.

HTH

Twayne

Old January 14th 08, 03:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Poprivet`

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
NTIAO, no.

Ragdyer wrote:
Is there any way to eliminate those 2 dashes above inserted
signatures from
displaying?

Yes, there is. OE does not put them there by default. Something in the
OP's system is putting them there, and they probably lack the required
trailing space.

Not That I'm Aware Of

Old January 14th 08, 03:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Poprivet`

Ragdyer wrote:
OK, I give up ... what does NTIAO stand for?

Butchered Not That I'm Aware Of

Couldn't even find it listed in the acronym sites.

Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may
benefit !

Old January 14th 08, 03:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Poprivet`

N. Miller wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:46:07 -0800, Ragdyer wrote:

Is there any way to eliminate those 2 dashes above inserted
signatures from displaying?

My biggest beef with MS Outlook Express has been that those dashes
are not handled properly by the client. I use 40tude Dialog, which
automatically strips signatures in quoted replies; which is, after
all, the reason for the "sig separator" dashes.

It never even occurred to me to want to get rid of them.

True, they aren't handled right by OE. But placing them there is up to
the user; they are not there by default.

FWIW, OEQuoteFix works great to fix OE to work with sigs, color

HTH
Twayne

Old January 14th 08, 03:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

"Poprivet`" wrote in message
Ragdyer wrote:
Is there any way to eliminate those 2 dashes above inserted
signatures from displaying?

OE does not apply the sig delimiter by default. If they are there, and
they are incorrect, it's because you or some 3rd party software you're
using put them there.

It's possible they aren't working right because the sig delimiter is
actually two dashes followed by a space. If the space isn't there, it
won't be properly detected. Either fix it or remove them completely.

HTH

Twayne

Teach me. A third party app like OE-QuoteFix can remove the dashes. You say
a third party program causes them. I'm always willing to learn. How do you
set OE to /not/ add the dashes by default?
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old January 14th 08, 04:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ragdyer

Since I requested a way to eliminate these dashes (as you can see, mine *do*
have the trailing space), it's ludicrous for you to intimate that *I* put
them there.

I'm assuming that you really mean that perhaps I *unknowingly* did something
to create them.

This topic came up recently in the MS Excel newsgroups, where many
responders experience this same "happening", so it seems that a lot of us
are doing something we're unaware of, since I'm sure we all don't have the
same 3rd party software.

All I'm requesting here is a sharing of your expertise with the rest of us,
on how to get rid of those dashes, short of deleting them individually from
each message.
--

Regards,

RD

Old January 14th 08, 05:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Poprivet`

Bruce Hagen wrote:
"Poprivet`" wrote in message
Ragdyer wrote:
Is there any way to eliminate those 2 dashes above inserted
signatures from displaying?

OE does not apply the sig delimiter by default. If they are there,
and they are incorrect, it's because you or some 3rd party software
you're using put them there.

It's possible they aren't working right because the sig delimiter is
actually two dashes followed by a space. If the space isn't there,
it won't be properly detected. Either fix it or remove them
completely. HTH

Twayne

Teach me. A third party app like OE-QuoteFix can remove the dashes.
You say a third party program causes them. I'm always willing to
learn. How do you set OE to /not/ add the dashes by default?

GAK! Uh oh, I have some words to eat! I didn't notice that the OP said
"above inserted signatures"! Somehow, I thought they were appearing
without using a signature; with a sig is something I'd never considered
because I don't see the need since a sig is supposed to be preceded by
two dashes, a space and cr/lf.

OE does indeed apply those when you ask it to display a sig. They're
just part of the definition of a sig. Sorry bout that!! My apologies
to you Bruce, and to the entire board; I am guilty of the same type
misinformation I detest.

Twayne