Folders?

Old January 8th 08, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jch

Default Folders?

Is there a way to make newsgroup folders? I don't readily see that. Many
newsgroups have related topics but aren't close alphabetically. It would be
nice to be able to make folders (eg computers, networking, home repair,
auto, browsers, etc) and put these groups in them. Can I do that in OE?

Old January 8th 08, 08:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Asked/Answered yesterday:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2fd94c4a87bfae
--
~PA Bear

Old January 8th 08, 08:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

No. You could create separate identities for certain groups, but in one
identity, WYSIWYG.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

. ..

Old January 8th 08, 09:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"jch" wrote in message
. ..
Is there a way to make newsgroup folders? I don't readily see that. Many
newsgroups have related topics but aren't close alphabetically. It would
be nice to be able to make folders (eg computers, networking, home repair,
auto, browsers, etc) and put these groups in them. Can I do that in OE?

You can list a news server more than once.
Make a new news account for your existing server and give it a friendly name
of Horses. Use that account to subscribe to all the newsgroups about
horses.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

Old January 8th 08, 10:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jch

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote in message
"jch" wrote in message
. ..
Is there a way to make newsgroup folders? I don't readily see that. Many
newsgroups have related topics but aren't close alphabetically. It would
be nice to be able to make folders (eg computers, networking, home
repair, auto, browsers, etc) and put these groups in them. Can I do that
in OE?

You can list a news server more than once.
Make a new news account for your existing server and give it a friendly
name of Horses. Use that account to subscribe to all the newsgroups about
horses.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com
Do not reply with email

Right. I can do this. Short of folders I suppose this is the next best
thing.

Old January 9th 08, 12:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
JoeSpareBedroom

"jch" wrote in message
. ..
Is there a way to make newsgroup folders? I don't readily see that. Many
newsgroups have related topics but aren't close alphabetically. It would
be nice to be able to make folders (eg computers, networking, home repair,
auto, browsers, etc) and put these groups in them. Can I do that in OE?

Please provide one example of one newsgroup that deals with subjects as
diverse as home repair, cars and computers. I'm asking because something
doesn't sound right here.

Old January 9th 08, 01:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jch

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"jch" wrote in message
. ..
Is there a way to make newsgroup folders? I don't readily see that. Many
newsgroups have related topics but aren't close alphabetically. It would
be nice to be able to make folders (eg computers, networking, home
repair, auto, browsers, etc) and put these groups in them. Can I do that
in OE?

Please provide one example of one newsgroup that deals with subjects as
diverse as home repair, cars and computers. I'm asking because something
doesn't sound right here.

You're correct. Something isn't right here but it's your interpretation of
my post that is incorrect. My point is that there are several news groups
dealing with the same topics. Ex. several dealing with home repair.
Several dealing with cars. So forth and so on. I wanted to keep these
newsgroups dealing with similar topics grouped in a folder appropriately
named. Apparently I can't do that (create folders that is). A workaround
is to create new accounts, name them something obvious like Celluar,
Computers, Networking, ... and then put specific newsgroups in those
accounts.