Finding the owner of an e-mail address

Old November 22nd 07, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Marty

Default Finding the owner of an e-mail address

This is on behalf of my cousin who is battling some health problems. He
received an e-mail wishing him well, etc., and the mail was signed with a
first name. My cousin replied with some personal information, but after the
fact realized that he didn't know who the person is.

Is there a way for him to find out who this person is, knowing only an
e-mail address?

Old November 23rd 07, 08:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
?? ??

"PA Bear" wrote in message
www.google.com
--
~PA Bear

Old November 23rd 07, 08:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
?? ??

"N. Miller" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:34:45 -0500, Marty wrote:

This is on behalf of my cousin who is battling some health problems. He
received an e-mail wishing him well, etc., and the mail was signed with
first name. My cousin replied with some personal information, but after
the
fact realized that he didn't know who the person is.

Is there a way for him to find out who this person is, knowing only an
e-mail address?

No.

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,

Old December 21st 07, 11:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Poprivet`

elnjno @libero.it wrote:
elnjno @libero.it
"Marty" ha scritto
nel
messaggio
This is on behalf of my cousin who is battling some
health problems. He received an e-mail wishing him
well,
etc., and the mail was signed with a first name. My
cousin replied with some personal information, but
after
the fact realized that he didn't know who the person
is. Is there a way for him to find out who this
person is,
knowing only an e-mail address?

No. You could likely get the ISP, but the ISP won't
give you any info like that without a court order.
And, if it was a spammer, it's likely the ISP will be
wrong too and thus completely untraceable.

If you want to post COMPLETE headers/source code
(CTRL-F3 in OE to get to it), we can try to parse it,
but if it's from a spammer, chances are extremely low
it can be traced back. Worth trying though.
REalize doing the above will expose the person's
email address in the open, BTW. So unless he's certain
it was a spam, he shouldn't post it here.

Pop`