extra? dbx files

Old January 9th 06, 09:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jack

Default extra? dbx files

In checking my dbx files, I notice that I have a bunch of "Search Folder"
dbx files, e.g., Search Folder (1).dbx, Search Folder (2).dbx, Search Folder
(3).dbx, etc. Should I delete them or leave them?
Also, I have some other extra dbx files like Inbox (1).dbx and Sent Items
(1).dbx. Should I delete them or leave them?

Jack

Old January 9th 06, 09:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

"Jack" wrote in message

In checking my dbx files, I notice that I have a bunch of "Search
Folder" dbx files, e.g., Search Folder (1).dbx, Search Folder
(2).dbx, Search Folder (3).dbx, etc. Should I delete them or leave
them?
Also, I have some other extra dbx files like Inbox (1).dbx and Sent
Items (1).dbx. Should I delete them or leave them?

Jack

The Search Folder.dbx files should be deleted (while OE is closed).

For Inbox and Sent Items, the one with the newer date is the one OE is
using. Move the other to an empty Windows folder and use DBXtract to
recover messages. www.oehelp.com

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old January 10th 06, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jerry

I have a .dbx which does not show up in OE. But I don't know how to use your
suggestion of DBXtract to see what's inside it -- can't find a file named
DBXtract. Or can I get OE to show the folder directly?

Old January 10th 06, 06:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

DBXtract is a for sale program. It does not come with Windows.
DBXtract - http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx

Or you can try this:
How to import a single mail folder (*.dbx)
http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importdbx
For an alternate description, see the last paragraph he
http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

Old January 10th 06, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

See the last paragraph on this page to import individual dbx files into OE:
www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

steve

Old January 10th 06, 10:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jack

Steve,

See the last paragraph on this page to import individual dbx files into OE:

www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

That is a great tip!

Jack